Can I Use Credit Card before Bank Account?

bitsnbobs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Newbie Here,

I would like to know if I can have my Credit Card as the 1st call for my Paypal account instead of the money being taken from my Bank Account? If so how do I acheive this please? My account is both confirmed and verified. I am sure I used to have this set up but for some reason all the monies are being taken from my Bank instead of my Credit Card. The reason I would prefer it this way is that my money stays in the Bank longer. So if I purchase something at the beginning of the month I don't have to pay my CC bill until the following month, therfore giving me as long as 8 weeks before I pay for it, if you get my meaning. I am not a miser I just like to keep my hard earned money as long as I can. lol 🙂

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

bitsnbobs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I sort of thought that but I was hoping I could make it permanent as my husband just flies through the procedure without looking and everytime he buys something it gets taken from our bank account. I have told him loads of times but he easily forgets things (unless it's something trivial, I think it's called selective memory, it's more  typical in all human male species I think, LOL). So I was hoping I could change the order of pecking. Thank you anyway. I suppose I will just have to keep drilling it in if it can't be altered.

regards

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
19 REPLIES 19

PayPal_lucy

Hey there bitsnbobs,

When sending payment through PayPal the payment method hierarchy is as follows:

1. PayPal Balance.
2. Instant Bank Transfer.
3. Credit or Debit Card.
4. eCheque.

Once your account is fully verified and you have confirmed your card you will be able to pick your card as the funding option for each payment by clicking the 'Change' or 'More Funding Options' link on the final page during the Send Money process and select a different payment method.

On each payment sent you will be told the last four digits of the funding source that will be used. If this is not the funding option you wish to use just change it to the one you want.

I hope this helps.

Login to Me Too
Solved

bitsnbobs
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I sort of thought that but I was hoping I could make it permanent as my husband just flies through the procedure without looking and everytime he buys something it gets taken from our bank account. I have told him loads of times but he easily forgets things (unless it's something trivial, I think it's called selective memory, it's more  typical in all human male species I think, LOL). So I was hoping I could change the order of pecking. Thank you anyway. I suppose I will just have to keep drilling it in if it can't be altered.

regards

Login to Me Too

AgentZoonie
Contributor
Contributor

I've had a paypal account for years with just a credit card registered, I've only just added a bank account, which is verified.  I didn't realise this would change the payment method.

During a merchant payment transaction today I tried changing the source of funds from bank account to the long time registered credit card, but I couldn't achieve it at all, despite the solution given above.

In the end I had to ditch the transaction with Paypal and go back to the merchant site entering my card details directly.

What am I doing wrong please?

Thanks.

Login to Me Too

Blydenstein
Contributor
Contributor

I wish I'd known this before, a transaction has just cleared out my bank account, I just wish PayPal would make it obvious before just handing out the cash..........I really didn't need this just after Christmas.

If I have the same problem as above I'll just have to go back to being unverified or whatever the situation was that allowed me to use my CC as funding, either that or just Dump Paypal all together.......as I seem to have nothing but trouble from them......and nothing is ever straight forward, and no direct contact.

Login to Me Too

AgentZoonie
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Blydenstein

Since first posting my problem and not receiving any replies until yours, I wonder if I made a mistake in posting to a thread noted as Solved ... albeit that the solution offered doesn't work for me.

I've tried changing the payment method on another further transaction and no matter what I do, I can't seem to change to my credit card.

I removed the credit card altogether now and my husband tried to open an account which he would just have left unverified with a card associated, but for some reason, perhaps because we share an address, it opened as a Premier account, which he neither wanted nor needed.  He's now cancelled that altogether.

It's very annoying as in cancelling the Paypal transaction for my second purchase, I lost the bargain because the site went down in the meantime (presumably under the weight of traffic looking for bargains)

Login to Me Too

emih

I haven't been able to get in contact with the costumer service at all this week. I'm trapped in a **bleep** of my own making, after purchasing an item and getting the US dollars mixed up with Canadian. So I ended up being 20 dollars short, and ever since then paypal has been extracting the money from my bank account, the full amount of what the item originally cost, but when I go to the profile here on paypal it says "failed transfer." I don't understand why it says that if they took the money. This nightmare has been going on for 2 months now. I wish I could go back in time and just held off on that purchase. Paypal is making my life **bleep** now.

Login to Me Too

garyc
Contributor
Contributor

Can I use credit card  before bank account temporarily

Login to Me Too

garyc
Contributor
Contributor

bobocolo
New Community Member

I need some more information how to use my credit card before bank account as i had before and was more happy with it...please any help..

Thanks

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.