#BritinCanada

Wojaz
New Community Member

Hi.  I am a British citizen in Canada.  How do I attach my Canadian bank acct or debit card?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wojaz

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

The only exception is U.S expats can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts (paypal is a U.S company so they allow their citizens to do this).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

Brandon-P
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

@Wojaz wrote:

Hi.  I am a British citizen in Canada.  How do I attach my Canadian bank acct or debit card?

Hi @Wojaz,

You would need to open a Canadian PayPal account, as the UK site doesn't support an international bank account or debit card. The country chosen on your PayPal account should match your current fixed abode, irrespective of nationality.

I am unable to provide direct instructions for the Canadian site, as this is currently the UK community forum, however please click here for an official  article from their version of the site.

Login to Me Too
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wojaz

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

The only exception is U.S expats can add their bank accounts to other countries paypal accounts (paypal is a U.S company so they allow their citizens to do this).

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Wojaz
New Community Member

Thank you!

We come and go, so don't really want to close down the UK account. 

Looks like we shall just have to open a second PayPal acct in Canada.

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Wojaz

Yes you are allowed 2 paypal accounts as long as one is personal and the other is business.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.