Boarder fee's to confusing to understand

Tracy9
Contributor
Contributor

Hello can someone please help me, I do not understand this page at all on fee's for payments coming from another country, I am uk based. There are to many tables on this page that i dont' understand:- https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/cross-border-and-conversion-fees#currencyconversion

I wish to know If I send an invoice to a buyer in the usa, what are the percentage in fee's, if the invoice is £164 what is the percentage rate and what amount will be charged as a seller, I just cannot understand this at all. It mentions a 3.4% basic fee, but then tells you to click the link for currency conversion fee's for each country, yet it comes up with a whole long page of seperate tables, which one am I looking at I don't get it. I cannot find any help for beginiers to understand how th eprocess is worked out, what do you add to what to get your percentage or the amount in uk pounds you will be charged. I tihnk it would be more helpful if there was a quote calcualtor where you input as a seller what the amount is an dpaypal works it out for you and shows you thje breakdown of each fee and what it was for.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhán

Hi @Tracy9,

Apologies for any confusion to date, if you are sending the invoice in GBP and your US buyer will be paying in GBP then you will be looking at an additional 1% cross-border fee so that on top of the standard fee of 3.4% + 20p should be 4.4% + 20p.

Hope this helps and we'll be sure to pass your feedback on this page to the relevant team.

Siobhán

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.