Beware sellers, Pay Pal unfair decisions!!!

iwonessa
New Community Member

I cannot believe what have just happened....Buyer bought furniture over month ago, furniture delivered nearly 1 month ago. Now he opened case claiming it arrived damaged...OK , I do not have a choice and according to Trading Standards I have to take resposibility for it as this was sold online. In one of the emails buyer admitted that he moved out from his previous address and was transporting this item himself, in this case according to Trading Standards customer service he is liable to prove that damage was made before he moved out. Suddenly I can see email form Pay Pal that I've agreed to refund full amount if item will be returned. Never ever said anything like that...I called customer service, they said , no worries, we had to do it because you have to confirm that furniture was really damaged, they assured me that case will not be closed before I will confirm everything. Next day item arrived, I've sat down started to write an email when received email from Pay Pal that case is now closed and money refunded to buyer....That is Pay Pal customer service and problem solving...Buyer could have sent back bag of rubbish and he would still receive refund....Thanks Pay Pal

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If a buyer returns an item they will always win and get a refund.

Its your word against the buyers and no one can prove anything so as long as the buyer can prove they returned something they normally win.

If the buyer returned a misdescribed item you can appeal the decision or you can take your own action via the small claims court against the buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

If a buyer returns an item they will always win and get a refund.

Its your word against the buyers and no one can prove anything so as long as the buyer can prove they returned something they normally win.

If the buyer returned a misdescribed item you can appeal the decision or you can take your own action via the small claims court against the buyer.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

iwonessa
New Community Member

Yes, taking this case to small claims court is the only solution now, but I am so dissapointed with Pay Pal customer service...they should not assure me that case will not be closed. I was sure I am going to win this case...how wrong I was...and with appeal there are only two options to select- you have tracking number and you have already refunded money which are not applicable in this situation. Anyway, am extremely dissapointed...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.