? Avoid Pay Pal charges as a seller

Atenas01
New Community Member

I have a personal account, how can I avoid paying Pay Pal charges as a seller? 

I saw the following advice on a blog - does this work?:

You can help avoid paying sellers charges by encouraging your bidders to change the way you make a payment with paypal by ............

1. When you click "pay now" and you are taken to the paypal login page....sign in.

2. Then it reads..."Confirm your payment".  Go to the bottom of the page, on the LEFT you will see it reads..."Payment Method

3. If this reads "funding source : visa/mastercard"...etc  click underneath where it says "more funding options".  You can then choose to pay via DIRECT BANK TRANSFER

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Atenas01

Firstly personal accounts are now personal / premier so you can use them for selling.

Secondly if everyone avoided paying paypal fees then paypal would not exist as they would have no money to pay for the service and their staff.

Thirdly what you posted is under the mistaken belief that sellers only get charged when a buyer funds their paypal payment with a card and not bank transfer. This is untrue as you pay a fee per transaction HOWEVER a buyer funds their paypal payment.

You are not supposed to avoid paying your fees and if you try and sell and do anything to put your buyers off paying however they want to then odds are your paypal account would be limited.

Why not just pay your fees like the rest of us have to do?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.