Account restriction in 29 days. Cant get id it needs.

mcounter
Contributor
Contributor

So apparently my account will be restricted in 29days because of a higher than normal amount of money going into my account from selling old childhood stuff stuff on ebay.

it doesnt even really clarify what the restriction will be.

at the moment it just has a cross next to 'close account' but thats probably part of a limited account rather than restricted.

it requires photo ids to prove who i am.

i cant get photo ids. im aggrophobic/social phobic and havent been outside the door for 10years or more.

ive never been abroad, so ive no passport. and im not shelling out £70 just to get one for paypal, which will then never be used.

i dont drive.

there must be another way to prove who i am.

in the past ive just sent people utility bills or job centre stuff.

what are my options in this situation?

i buy a lot of stuff using paypal. this selling business is just a short time thing until all the junk from my loft gets sold.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

PayPal_DavidR

Hi there,

Welcome to the PayPal Community.

We also accept national ID as a for of identity. As an alternative we can accept a birth certificate.

-David R

Login to Me Too

mcounter
Contributor
Contributor

i certainly cant get a national id now because theyre not considered legal tender anymore

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/identity-cards-and-new-identity-and-passport-service-suppliers

as for a birth certificate.

ive been given no option online to submit one anywhere.

ive sent paypal message center messages twice asking for options and got no reply whatsoever. just a generic "follow the online instructions auto-reply"

if i cant contact paypal, then how on earth to i submit a birth certificate as id and where?

Login to Me Too

PayPal_DavidR

Documents can be uploaded via the Resolution Centre or by this link https://paypal.co.uk/uploadstatement . Our custoemr service can be reached on freephone 0800 358 7911 and also on Facebook/Twitter.

-David R

Login to Me Too

mcounter
Contributor
Contributor

Are you sure that link is accurate?

it takes me to a page asking for upload of bank statements to make a claim on a transaction.

nothing there about birth certs or providing proof of id.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.