Account Problems

Alexander8
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

I have my account since 2011.After I created it, I used it for a few months in UK only for online shopping. Now I'm located in Bulgaria.I activated my account yesterday (17.10.2017), because I'm starting to work as a freelancer and I found some difficulties with understanding my profile.I can't see anywhere what kind of account I have created (personal/premium/business) and actually what kind of account I need to receive money from customers.I'm individual in my working practice, so I haven't got any legalised business details.I will be very thankfull if someone can orientate me how to use my profile properlly.Thanks in advance and Best regards.

Alexander 

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alexander8

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

If you have done that and opened one in the country you are now in then there are only 2 paypal accounts now.

1. Personal / premier (they have merged) and you can use that to sell as well.

2. Business, this is what you should open if you are a high volume or registered business seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alexander8

Paypal is country specific so if you move country you have to open another paypal account in that country and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

If you have done that and opened one in the country you are now in then there are only 2 paypal accounts now.

1. Personal / premier (they have merged) and you can use that to sell as well.

2. Business, this is what you should open if you are a high volume or registered business seller.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Alexander8
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass

Thank you very much for the quick response.That was really usefull info.I'll create a new profile.I have one more question: As I don't need this profile anymore, how can I close it and do I have to pay to close it. Thanks again in advance :))

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Alexander8

Sorry late reply, had to take the dog for a walk... !

You should really close a UK or country specific paypal account before you leave that country. However as long as you have the phone that was linked to the paypal account then you should be able to verify it when paypal security kicks in. However try and close it first anyway via clicking on the cog icon next to log out > close account left side of page, there is no charge.

BUT if you can remove any bank accounts or cards linked to it first before you close it. You 'may' be able to use that email address again if you need to once its closed and you allow a bit of time for paypals very slow system to play catch up.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Alexander8
Contributor
Contributor

Thanks again, i'll close it and try to create a new one :))

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.