ASOS Payments Pending But No Order Made

benbonning
Contributor
Contributor

Ordered some shoes off of ASOS and the order failed to go through twice with my paypal but went through fine on my mum's. After checking my emails and Paypal account I've seen that the two failed payments (£29.70 each) are pending on my account, the first is made solely with my Paypal balance and the second is a mixture of both Paypal balance and bank card.

How do I go about getting these funds back seeing as the orders aren't even visible on ASOS's end? Should I; open up a dispute through Paypal, contact ASOS's customer service,  or just wait a couple days first and see what happens?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

bondejure
Contributor
Contributor
Hello there,

Every time you process an order to a large merchant, what happens is... PayPal will seek authorisation from your card if the balance on your PayPal account isn't enough to fund transaction. Once PayPal's authorisation requests reached your card issuer, your card issuer will set aside the money for hat transaction. Now, if your oder failed or did not go through for whatever reason, the money that was set aside from by your card issuer, will stay on their system up until one billing cycle as it'll wait for PayPal to capture that money. However, if PayPal will not capture the money that was set aside by your card, it'll just return back to your card. You may also try getting in touch with your card issuer so they could manually revert the funds they've set aside for that transaction so you could have it credit back in your mum's account quicker.

A kodus would be appreciated 😄

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

bondejure
Contributor
Contributor
Hello there,

Every time you process an order to a large merchant, what happens is... PayPal will seek authorisation from your card if the balance on your PayPal account isn't enough to fund transaction. Once PayPal's authorisation requests reached your card issuer, your card issuer will set aside the money for hat transaction. Now, if your oder failed or did not go through for whatever reason, the money that was set aside from by your card issuer, will stay on their system up until one billing cycle as it'll wait for PayPal to capture that money. However, if PayPal will not capture the money that was set aside by your card, it'll just return back to your card. You may also try getting in touch with your card issuer so they could manually revert the funds they've set aside for that transaction so you could have it credit back in your mum's account quicker.

A kodus would be appreciated 😄
Login to Me Too

benbonning
Contributor
Contributor
The cost for the first of the two payments that failed was paid for entirely with my Paypal balance, so my card issuer has no relevancy with that transaction and I assume the issue lies on Paypal's end as they captured the whole payment?

I will follow your advice and wait it out for now, and perhaps contact my bank in regards to the second payment where I used both Paypal balance and my own funds. Thanks for the response, kudos given.
Login to Me Too

bondejure
Contributor
Contributor
Thanks a million, Ben 😄
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.