AIR BERLIN TICKETS

pvfcvfl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi everybody

Hopefully somebody out there will be able to tell me if it is possible to get my money back through Paypal for flight tickets I purchased from Air Berlin. The scenario is exactly the same as the Monarch Air fiasco. I booked my flights on 11 Aug 2017 and then Air Berlin declared Insolvency on 15 Aug. They maintain that ALL tickets booked and PAID for prior to this date have GONE - with nor refund or recourse - essentially tough luck and thank you for 8oo Pounds of your savings. The agaents that we booked it through are saying the same thing as is the Travel Insureance we had. Bottom Line I am 800 pound light, no tickets, no holiday.

I really just want to know whether I can claim back through Paypal Buyer Protection or not. I have tried going through the process with Paypal but its keeps directing me to resolution centre and try to sort it with the seller - cant they no longer exist. I noticed there is a process for Monarch so thought this might be worth a try. Thanks for any advice or tips. Kind Regards

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@pvfcvfl

You need to open a dispute on paypal, ignore the bit about comms with the seller and escalate the dispute to a CLAIM as soon as you get that option.

Then you should get your refund about 10 days after escalating it if you met paypals buyer protection criteria.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

pvfcvfl
Contributor
Contributor

many thanks kernowless I will have a go 

regards

steve

Login to Me Too

pvfcvfl
Contributor
Contributor

Hi Kernowlass,

I opened a case and escalated it straight away. I have now howvwe receivced a very very strongly worded email from thev Online Travel Agency - TRIPADO to the effects that if we do not cancel this action and Paypal return the money then they will pursue it through the courts. They also insist that they have GERMAN LAW on their side and that the dispute is with AIR BERLIN and not them. I have asked around and it would seem that they are right. I am so angry at being turned over by what was supposedly a big player with absolutely no recourse "at the moment" What would be my next step to ensure that these cheats get their pound of flesh. I hope Monarch customers will fare better.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.