A refund that needs refunding

Fudzy
Contributor
Contributor

I refunded a payment as the courier lost the item, all went through, I had insurance so all party's are happy.  Two days later the courier gets in touch and says they have found the item and my claim would be cancelled and the item sent on to the customer.  They have the item and are pleased with it and will pay me as originally agreed.  Problem is they say the money hasn't been refunded and it's now 6 days after the refund was made.  How long does a refund take?  Secondly how do I invoice her again for the original payment? Do I go through ebay or PayPal?

Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fudzy

If she funded the original paypal payment to you with a debit or credit card then it won't go back to her paypal balance.

Once marked as completed it will automatically go back to her bank account or credit card but takes up to a week to process through to the bank and a bit longer for a c.c (paypal say allow 30 days but I have never waited longer than a week for mine).

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.