5 pounds for free, but never let me pay with it (twice)

DiegoHF
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, 

PayPal sent me 5 free pounds to buy anywhere and paid by PayPal. 

I bought something and paid with PayPal, but PayPal discounted the full payment from my bank account and they did not use the "gift", and expired after a few days. 

This happened twice,  2016 and 2017, what's going on with PayPal? are they laughing at us or what? 

last time 

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DiegoHF

If you actually read the terms and conditions they do not say its £5 off what you buy they say its a £5 cashback offer.

PayPal will credit £5 to the Relevant Account within 21 days after the end of the Promotional Period,

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DiegoHF
Contributor
Contributor
And where are the 5 pounds of the last year? Could you please, check my account and tell me how can I get the cash back? Thank you very much for your fast response
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@DiegoHF

The money would have been paid into your paypal balance and it would have been used the next time you purchased an item using paypal.

As for checking your account, do you really want to give a complete stranger that has nothing to do with paypal access to your paypal account?  Smiley Wink

This is a ''user to user'' advice ''community forum'' and not paypal customer services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

DiegoHF
Contributor
Contributor
I thought you were paypal staff. Ok, it isn't in my balance. Is it possible to contact directly to tbe PayPal staff? Thank you for your answer
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.