My payment receive is on hold weather through Paypal me or directly send payment for goods/services

jkmach79

I am really frustrated right now because I am not a newbie but my payment is being held.  I am a freelancer and my client opt to just pay me directly to PayPal then the online platform but this is a hassle when the payment received is on hold?  Can someone explain this to me, if I get this everytime I receive a pay everyweek?

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

crsun
New Community Member

Paypal help us, I am a freelancer my client is my business partner for long time. Anyone, how to contact paypal directly Smiley Mad

Login to Me Too

mabsum
Contributor
Contributor

The payment I received from a client was witheld for no apparent reason at all. It was from a regular client who pays me thru paypal, also on a regular basis. For the first time, I was asked to add tracking info and  I did. But payment is still on hold. What is going on with PayPal?

Login to Me Too

RowenaT
Contributor
Contributor

The same thing is happening to me and this client has been sending me payments for my work via PayPal for 5 years now, suddenly this! What is wrong with PayPal? Can they not tell which people on their list have been relying on their service to get paid for work and services done? This is ridiculous!

Login to Me Too

jammy0805
Contributor
Contributor

I am having the same issue. My payment is on hold for more than 12 hours now from a regular client. I do not have any open disputes nor am I receiving payment for the first time from this client. Please help.

Login to Me Too

Najie
Contributor
Contributor
I am a freelancer and for 3 years I am accepting payments via custom invoice and my client pays me instantly and the balance is available quickly. Today, a friend sent me a payment for a digital goods through my paypal.me link. He showed the screenshot (page of my paypal.me link) saying that Money has been sent. Few minutes later my Balance is still zero and he received an email and showed me the screenshot that my payment is on hold due to tax authorities in Asian market such as IGST and GST and money will be sent within 15days. Is this really normal? Sorry for this but this is the first time I'm being paid by the paypal.me/link I don't mind waiting for 15 days though as long as there will be no problem at all receiving the money into my balance as I have to pay something as well. Also, is this really normal that despite he sent the payment already, I didn't received any email about it at all. Hope someone can answer my question. Thankyou so much. Regards, Najie
Login to Me Too

RowenaT
Contributor
Contributor

I emailed them twice via the messaging function on my account and all I get are automated replies. I also went on twitter and tweeted them twice with this issue, even sent them a DM. The DM was just seenzoned and no reply at all to my two tweets. I do not know what is up with PayPal. It might be time to find a new payment portal for my work since this is akin to having your salary held hostage for no apparent or valid reason.

Login to Me Too

therealari

I got the same thing today. I've been using PayPal for payment from client since 2009 without dispute. I got a reply from the CS and here's part of the message:

Please be informed ,to encourage faster delivery and ensure buyer satisfaction, which will in turn help increase sales of your business, this payment is currently placed in your pending balance.

Please don't worry though – the payment will be released to you in 21 days after the transaction date and there are ways to get access to the payment sooner. Also, once you have a longer selling history with us, you can get access to your payments usually within a few minutes after the payment is complete.

To get access to the funds sooner, please process the order immediately and then log in to your PayPal account to update the status of the order. Here's how:

• Tangible items - mark as Shipped. Once you have shipped the items to your buyers, mark the order as "Shipped" and don't forget to enter the tracking information.
    1. Locate the payment on your Activity page and click on the transaction.
    2. Click Add Tracking Info.
    3. In the "Order Status" dropdown menu, select Shipped.
    4. Provide the tracking details and click Save.
  • Intangible items - mark as Order processed. If no shipping is required (e-book, piano lesson, etc.), mark the order as "Order processed".
    1. Locate the payment on your Activity page and click on the transaction.
    2. Click Add Tracking Info.
    3. In the "Order Status" dropdown menu, select Order processed.
    4. Click Save.

Your funds will then be available in the following timeframes and you can log in to you PayPal account any time to view the status of your payment.

• Domestic payments - 7 days after marking the orders as "Shipped" or "Order processed".
  • International payments - 14 days after marking the orders as "Shipped" or "Order processed".

I did the process for the intangible items and I have to wait for the time period, WTF? Why complicate things that has already working? 

Please PayPal, just quit the shenanigans. Just check my history and release my payment, and don't ever hold my payments ever again!

I also see the send to friends and family option is now gone.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.