Can't change my phone number to a new one after moving to new country

Fsl_Trto
New Community Member

I have an old Paypal account which I am trying to reactivate and use often. However it was created in my previous country. However number of times I tried to change it doesn't. I have to link my new Credit Card, new phone and new address. Can't seem to change the country code. Any clues? OK going to settings and trying to change from there I already know. Didn't work. 

Login to Me Too
5 REPLIES 5

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Fsl_Trto

Paypal is country specific so if you move countries you have to open another paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You are supposed to withdraw any funds / resolve issues / remove cards and bank accounts before you leave your old country. If you don't then you may have problems doing so once you have moved.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Lisahow1
Contributor
Contributor

It was not country specific till recently. Why change now!

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lisahow1

I have been here 10+ years and paypal has always been country specific.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Lisahow1
Contributor
Contributor

I've been here 5 years and it was not country specific till now

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Lisahow1

Its always been country specific and thats why when you register to open a paypal account you have to select a country.

If you don't believe me then ask one of the Paypal moderators as that is a fact.

https://www.paypal.com/us/selfhelp/article/Can-I-change-my-PayPal-address-to-another-country-FAQ1434

and its always been that way as Paypal offers differing countries differing benefits and options.

And that has to be dependent on the banking and government laws that Paypal have to abide by in each country.

Advice is voluntary.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.