suspicious email

mikey1026
Contributor
Contributor

got a message from pay pal saying my account has been suspended and wants me to clink on a link for an attachment but when i log into paypal and look at summary, activity, wallet, ect, it shows nothing about my acc. being suspended!!! is this some kind of phishing expedition ??? original email says there is a problem with your paypal account [Alert YB1LZA36B]

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@mikey1026 

Thank you for bringing this up to our attention.Though our response times may be delayed, be assured we’re here. 

You might just have received a spoof or phishing email falsely claiming to be from PayPal. Sending fake emails is called "phishing" because the sender is "fishing" for your personal information. The goal is to trick you in to giving up your personal, financial, or account information. 

You may Forward any suspicious email to spoof@paypal.com  then delete the suspicious email from your Inbox that way, we can protect you and other PayPal users.

Here's a link for your reference : How do I spot fake, fraudulent, spoof, or phishing emails?

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution 🙂

Stay Safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.