recipient what does he see

Carl111
New Community Member

I don't want the recipient to see my personal details such as address or name. I will be sending through my wife's bank account.  What does the recipient see, and we don't want to open up a biz account.  I don't mind if he sees my name but my wife is extremely private. 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michael

Hi, Carl111. Thanks for taking the time to post your question here on the PayPal Community Forum. Knowing what is displayed to a seller/recipient when you complete a purchase or send money is very important. PayPal limits the amount of information due to privacy concerns, but there is some information that needs to be provided.

In general, when a customer sends a payment or sends money, PayPal provides the seller/recipient with their name, email address, and shipping address (when a transaction involves goods that need to be shipped). PayPal will never give a seller/recipient information about the method of payment. Whether money is used from a PayPal account balance or from a bank account or a card, that's between you and PayPal.

For more information on PayPal's privacy policy, please log on to your account and click Privacy at the bottom of any page. I hope this is helpful. Thanks for being a part of the PayPal Community!

Sincerely,

Michael

PayPal_Michael

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.