paypal disability discrimination

robnewman1
Contributor
Contributor

Does paypal use its policy to discriminate against disabled people?

there is an issue with my account, this is not the important part, the important part is that i have been trying to communicate with paypal for over two weeks, but they blatantly refuse to communicate via a method of communication i can access. i have a mobile phone that is 99% of the time used to communicate via text/whatzap/email or app, on average i use about three or four of my monthly call allowance, and then with difficulty and only to close relatives like my wife and children, my calling plan does not include calls to 0800 and other freephone, i have to select this separately. paypal keep leaving numerous, sometimes offensive and aggressive messages from a number that is blocked by my provider and that i cannot call back.

i have also sent a number of messages detailing all this, including three official complaints so far, all of which have been completely ignored, they do not even acknowledge the messages, i am starting to think that this refusal to help a disabled person is not the incompetence i thought it was, but it is instead disability discrimination, i tried to write a letter to paypal, but you cannot do this either, do they have a physical address (or someone capable of reading) to which i can write? i suppose i will have to consider action under the disability discrimination act

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@robnewman1

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

robnewman1
Contributor
Contributor

@kernowlass wrote:

@robnewman1

have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPalUK and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

I don't use twitter, i have tried face book, had another two weird messages today, both leave five digits of a phone number and tell me to ring paypal by that number, i have sent over 10 emails, and a paper letter

Login to Me Too

vickielj68
Contributor
Contributor

Be very careful with any emails or anything you get from PayPal. Ask someone you trust to help you out. There are many spoof emails looking like they come from PayPal to get you to sign in. They then get your PayPal login details. Go on the website via your phone during business hours and choose the chat option. That is how I solve most problems or I call the number on the back of my PayPal debit card. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.