<<BE AWARE>> Policy UPDATES Anybody AGREE on this? This is giving up FREE $ to PayPal

HLAPR
New Community Member
  • We’re changing how we treat refunds. If you refund (partially or fully) a transaction to a buyer or a donation to a donor, there are no fees to make the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller will not be returned to you.

Our type of Business refunds is VERY common. So we are giving up $200-$300 a month!!! 

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@HLAPR 

Paypal process the original payment for you and then they process the refund, so they want paying for that, so they are stopping giving you back most of that fee as a payment for their services.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

HLAPR
New Community Member

of course, but why are we paying $30/mo, as part of using their merchant services? Not sure $200-$300/mo is worth paying for a service that is been made by a computer, not an actual employee doing this? everything is automated. 

Login to Me Too

vikanuf
New Community Member

This is a worst thing I ever heard from PayPal, this is totally unfair. It makes me thinking to avoid using PayPal and seek alternative payment solutions. eBay will soon implement direct bank transactions without using PayPal platform which is good. I also have a website with PayPal shopping cart. Need to replace it too with something better and loyal. BIG MISTAKE from PayPal. Greed is a bad adviser.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.