New Community Member

hOW CAN A us CITIZEN ON LEAVE OF uS CASH A N ECONOMIC IMPACT PAYEMENT

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@MICHIGAN-PEN 

The only way is to provide PayPal direct deposit info to the IRS as per the directions below if you have a US Personal PayPal Cash Plus account. The IRS does not direct deposit the money overseas. If you were mailed a check to an overseas address, you may want to try to cash it at local bank there or at a currency exchange at the airport or go to US embassy/consulate for advice.

https://www.hrblock.com/expat-tax-preparation/resource-center/tax-law-and-policy/coronavirus-stimulu...

Q. How will I get my stimulus check if I’m an American living overseas?

A. There are two ways overseas Americans can get their stimulus payment: direct deposit or through the mail.

You’ll get your check via direct deposit if you either:

• Received your 2018 or 2019 tax refund through direct deposit
  • Have submitted your U.S. bank account information to the IRS through the U.S. Treasury’s new direct deposit portal

You need to have an account with a U.S. bank in order to get direct deposit.

We recommend you either elect direct deposit in your 2019 tax return or update your address if you:

• Don’t know what address is on file
  • Don’t feel great about getting mail reliably or quickly in your area
  • Have moved to a different address
  • Want your check sent somewhere other than the address they have on file

If you need to change/update your address, you currently need to file Form 8822, Change of Address and send it to the address in the form.

A way around this is to quickly file your 2019 expat taxes and have the updated address there.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.