dispute claim credit card

yam15
Contributor
Contributor
i cannot open a case because i used my credit card to buy an ebay item. when you try to “report a problem” it lists all your paypal transactions that you have to select from, which i dont have since i didnt use paypal. i havent received an item i bought on ebay.ph on 27feb. ebay said go through paypal to file a dispute/claim since the transaction was done on a domestic ebay site. but again i cannot do it since i dont have a paypal trasaction to initiate the dispute from
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

dparinas
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee
Hi @yam15 We would love to help you regarding filing a dispute for the transaction. Please reach out by clicking on CONTACT link at the bottom part of your PayPal page so you can see the communication support channel available in your region and please include in your message either the receipt number or transaction ID number for the payment (you can find it from the confirmation email that we've sent to you after the purchase) or the eBay item number. You will then be directed for the next step or additional information needed. Hope this helps. Keep safe!
Login to Me Too

yam15
Contributor
Contributor
thank you for your reply.. im afraid not all your CS agents are aware of your own policies. ive been in contact with paypal CS via email since 01April, and so far what ive gotten has been a run around referring me back to ebay or a copied and pasted article from the resolution center. no one has ever given me a resolution that works. one thing wrong is that everytime i reply to the email thread, a different CS agent answers. what ive done so far: contacted seller - they referred me to ebay contacted ebay - they referred me to paypal for items bought through a domestic ebay site, they said give paypal the transaction ids and item #s ang CS would be able to open a dispute on my behalf as “guest” i tried to open a case with paypal but couldnt, because again my transaction was made with credit card through ebay.ph i tried to explain the same thing over and over again to 8 different PayPal CS agents now, and all they said for me to do was “report a problem” via resolution center which again i couldnt i just need to open a dispute with paypal, but how no one can tell me.
Login to Me Too

yam15
Contributor
Contributor
thank you for your reply.. im afraid not all your CS agents are aware of your own policies. ive been in contact with paypal CS via email since 01April, and so far what ive gotten has been a run around referring me back to ebay or a copied and pasted article from the resolution center. no one has ever given me a resolution that works. one thing wrong is that everytime i reply to the email thread, a different CS agent answers. what ive done so far: contacted seller - they referred me to ebay contacted ebay - they referred me to paypal for items bought through a domestic ebay site, they said give paypal the transaction ids and item #s ang CS would be able to open a dispute on my behalf as “guest” i tried to open a case with paypal but couldnt, because again my transaction was made with credit card through ebay.ph i tried to explain the same thing over and over again to 8 different PayPal CS agents now, and all they said for me to do was “report a problem” via resolution center which again i couldnt i just need to open a dispute with paypal, but how no one can tell me.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.