credit card charges

JohnLeck
New Community Member

I only had one credit card , a US card associated with my account. A charge came through and billed me in US dollars for a Canadian charge. It was my mistake so I have now added a Canadian card to my account as the preferred payment method and keeping my US card as the alternate. If the vendor reimburses me for the US charge will it automatically go to my US card even though it's not set up as my preferred card? 

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

cpat0204
PayPal Employee
PayPal Employee

@JohnLeck 

Welcome to the Community Forum! Though our response times may be delayed, be assured we’re here. All refunds will be sent back to the payment method of your original payment, so if you used your US card, it should go back to your US card . Money will be refunded in the currency you paid; or if we are unable to refund in the currency you paid, in your primary holding currency; or if we are unable to refund in your primary holding currency, then in Canadian dollars.

You may check this link for more information about refunds :
Where is my refund?

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution 🙂 

Stay Safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.