downgradde from business account to personal ?

beaniemama
New Community Member

is there any way i can do this ? i cant seem to find an option 

Login to Me Too
591 REPLIES 591

Anonymous_User
Not applicable
I am not sure how but I accidentally created a PayPal account and click business I don't need a business account and don't have a business I need it turned off so I can get my money there's money on it which was sent to me from a friend I don't know why it is making me wait it's been several weeks now @kingbrown20
Login to Me Too

Sheri44
New Community Member
I made a mistake on my account. It’s not supposed to be business.
Login to Me Too

Sheri44
New Community Member
How do I change it so I can receive my funds. It was an honest mistake. My first time filling out for the card and sent my friend the business scan thing. Help please.
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sheri44 

Sorry bit confused here as you have a personal and not business account?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Danwhitehouse
Contributor
Contributor

Hi, I sent a message in the center asking for my account to be downgraded to personal but then I was told to send an email I went to the contact page and there was no email us there any help and why can't they do it through the message center.

Login to Me Too

mzmalzaabi
New Community Member

i want to change my paypal account from business to personal

Login to Me Too

ella_grace
Contributor
Contributor

Please help. I have waited for almost 11 hrs. for their chat team to reply.  I have no sleep yet from my nightshift bec. if I sleep and an agent will reply, I will not be able to get ahold of them. Why cant they help me fix my problem. I have talk to people I know and they got a reply from paypal within 4 hrs. I just want my account to be on personal so I can get my money. I work hard to earn that money I need it esp. in this time of pandemic. Can someone from paypal help me. There customer service over the phone is of no help as well, they cant verify my phone no. I only have 1 phone no. in my paypal account and its the only number they sent security code everytime I log in for extra security so I dont know why they cant find it in their system and I have tried to link a bank acct. to my paypal, they cant verify it either. I removed my bank account link to paypal bec. I am afraid about hacking & phishing. I have emailed a month ago to downgrade my account till now, no one replied to me. Any suggestions and advice is highly appreciated. 

Login to Me Too

FourForce
New Community Member

So I want to downgrade my business account to a personal account. I know how to do it but I just want to know it I can keep the money in the account when I downgrade.

Login to Me Too

Taegan1
Contributor
Contributor
I want to close my account as I accidentally set it up as a business account but it says I can’t
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Taegan1 

There is no automatic way to downgrade a business account to a personal account, you have to contact customer services and they will do that for you.

Click help / contact bottom left of Paypal pages for options available for your country.

Or have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.