be aware paypal take money from your account illegally.

swc_products
Contributor
Contributor

I am going to watchdog and trading standards after PayPal refunded a seller from my PayPal account even though it was an eBay GSP item and ebay told me they had received the item from me and that they had sent it out to the buyer.
the item never arrived and PayPal refunded the buyer using my PayPal money.

ebay rules state that it's their responsibility if the item gets lost or damaged after they have received it and that PayPal had no right using my money to refund the seller. so I will be taking whatever action I can against PayPal, they are a law to themselves.

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

swc_products
Contributor
Contributor

I think the paypal community should see this sort of post so people can see how very little respect paypal has for its customers, but its hard to keep the post here, before paypal remove it just like they did my last post.

Login to Me Too

swc_products
Contributor
Contributor

ebay have submitted a request to PayPal for an appeal. I should receive an update from them within the next 48 to 72 hours.

Login to Me Too

swc_products
Contributor
Contributor

Just got another email from ebay Customer Care.

"I did review the information, and you are right, you did get the package to the hub as you were meant to do.

Simon, as you know, eBay no longer owns PayPal, so I am not able to view this case. However, I did sent over an email asking them to take a look at this issue"

PayPal you are truly one of the worse companies ive ever tried to deal with.

Login to Me Too

swc_products
Contributor
Contributor

mesage from PayPal.

"We have issued you a refund in the amount of $19.99 GBP for this claim. The refund will be posted to your account within 3-5 business days."

No apolagie no nothing from paypal.
Did i get £19.99 or $19.99 ???????????????????

Login to Me Too

swc_products
Contributor
Contributor

so this is paypal at its best ?
I feel extremely let down by their service.

Login to Me Too

HWFRANJR56
Contributor
Contributor

PAYPAL SENT A SALER MONEY FR A ITEM AND IT WAS PAID BY PAYPAL. THEN AFTER PAYPAL GAVE THEM THE MONEY THEY WANTED ME TO GIVE THEM THE MONEY. I DID NOT GET ANY ITEM FROM THIS SALER AND I DID NOT AUTHORIZE PAYPAL TO PAY FOR IT IN THE FIRST PLACE. I DID NOT HAVE THIS MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT SO THEY COULD NOT GET IT OUT AND I NOW HAVE TO KEEP THE ACCOUNT EMPTY OR THEY WILL WITHDRAW IT AUTOMATICALLY. I HAVE BEEN FIGHTING WITH THEM ON THIS MATTER FOR SEVERAL MONTHS AND THEY WILL NOT CLOSE MY ACCOUNT EITHER. TRY CALLING THEM, GOOD LUCK THEY JUST SHUFFEL YOU AROUND AND PUT YOU ON HOLD.

Login to Me Too

TheElvis1914

I agree, I sols an item 11years ago, apparently a dispute was filed. However this issue was addressed and as far a I knew since I never recieved any notifications from pay-pal that I still had an account and there was a negative balance of 69.00. This is an issue from 11 years, I have had the same e-bay account since 2006, I had and believed that the pay-pal account was closed after I thought the issue was corrected. According to pay-pal that they attempted to notify me 11 years ago and I never responded, I know for sure I did contact them with this issue 11 years ago, at first I made the mistake of sending the item to the wrong address, how ever, the item was returned to me at which time I sent the item to the correct buyer, in the mean time pay-pal withdrew the money from the pay-pal account, I called and varified that the customer recived the item, after 11 years I never heard of any issues ever again, all the years that E-bay and Pay-Pal was the same company. I have sold several items year later and never once heard of a negative balance issue in which I talked to a pay-pal customer service, yet they claim that I never responded, which is completly false. They claim that nothing has changed in 11 years on how things were handled back then till now. It is kind of my word against theirs but I should be able to prove that the cust did infact recieve the item, but not even the buyer remembers exacly what happened. I purchased a Mic in Dec 2016 after finding out from the seller they lost my item, they said they would refund me the money it never came. I made the purchase with my debit card, I never recieved a refund I contacted Ebay who assured me that it would be returned to my debit account, but I know that it was a lie, after waisting over 25 hrs over the phone with them I never recieved my refund. Ebay then says they returned my money with pay-pal under a guest account and I had to now deal with pay-pal. I was then forced to open an account, however I asked why is it that I have to open anything I should have had my money months ago. Pay-pal then has me open a new account. then is says Email is linked to ab account already, although I try and sign in and it says account was non existant! Which again yes at one time I did have account with the same email I had 11 years ago. But when I resolved the matter, I asked for it to be closed. Now Pay-pal claims that never happened and I never responded. they basically called me a liar! I am very mad on how I was handled why after 11 years are they now claiming I owe them money when I never did and they withdrew the money, and was told that it would be recredited in which I proved to them the cust recieved the item. They claim that thry are using the same technolegy after 11 years. But thy cannot give me details. Plus I asked just because they claim that the person I talked to made no notification of it. So how is it that just because an employee who is no longer a part of the company, why cant it be possible that the person I talked to just did not write it down. Plus Ebay and Pay-Pal were the same company up to a few years ago, why was the issue never once brought up again if the matter was not corrected after 11 years.  It took 6 months to get a refund and pay-pal kept 69.00 dollars it. What can I do legally

Login to Me Too

TheElvis1914

So they withdrew money from my pay-pal account 11 years ago, claims i didnt address issue which I did and as far as I knew it was handled and corrected. Now pay-pal is claiming the opposit after 11 years how come I am just now hearing that the issue was not resolved. I didnt relize that I have to now go through all kinds of trouble over 69.00 which I was assured 11 years ago that the issue was corrected. I then closed pay-pal account but if Ebay and pay-pal were the same why did I now continue to address the issue after I believed it was all ready corrected. They are calling me a liar! And although I said I will now have to go further mesures, to vindicate mayself, basically they called me a lier, they are right I am wrong. It makes no sense to me why they are will to go through a lawsuit, inwhich I spent over 25 hours over the phone with them, at which it to half the time to get to the reason why they were refusing to give me a refund in which they had my money. I delt with this for 5 months alot of anxieties and a differnt story each time. I will seopena each and ever person I talked to, each recorded phone call and every single records that Ebay claims they no longer have, and pay-pal claims the complaint was made through them. As far as I knew any disputes that accured were through ebay first because 11 years ago they were the same company, pay-pal claims that the complaint was issued through them but I can not find anysuch information requarding that manner because the records dont go back the far! Yet they claim that I never called, I know I did, and closed the account and moved on. All though i KEPT NY EBAY ACCOUNT I never heard of any such issues after I responded! But how come no one excepts responsiblity, how do they know that the representative didnt note the account. I want to seopena all records each ebay and pay-pal and I will seopena everything they have including all recorded phone calls, each employee, and proff that the refund I was supposed to recieve on my debit card which they claim they dont have those records, cause I cant understand I want proof that they made an effort in making a refund to my debit card from a seperate purchase, they claim that the bank was rejecting it, well i called the back and not one trnsaction as a refund that was attempted, if the bank was rejecting anything they would have a record of it, and they said nothing was ever attempted, well pay-pal or ebay has any record of them attempting this, But if it was attempted and it was done by them who rejected it, not my bank, I do not believe they made any such effort! If they made the attempt they should prove it the same way afer 11 years they are making me do this. But its a double standard, but I AM THE LITTLE GUY THEY ARE A BIG COMPANY AND THEY ARE READDRESSING AN ISSUE AFTER 11 YEARS, BUT NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN BECAUSE i TOOK CARE OF IT. NOW THEY SAY SINCE THEY SHO NOTHING THAT I CALLED THEN ACCORDING TO THEM I DIDNT.

Login to Me Too

TheElvis1914

@swc_products wrote:

I am going to watchdog and trading standards after PayPal refunded a seller from my PayPal account even though it was an eBay GSP item and ebay told me they had received the item from me and that they had sent it out to the buyer.
the item never arrived and PayPal refunded the buyer using my PayPal money.

ebay rules state that it's their responsibility if the item gets lost or damaged after they have received it and that PayPal had no right using my money to refund the seller. so I will be taking whatever action I can against PayPal, they are a law to themselves.

So they withdrew money from my pay-pal account 11 years ago, claims i didnt address issue which I did and as far as I knew it was handled and corrected. Now pay-pal is claiming the opposit after 11 years how come I am just now hearing that the issue was not resolved. I didnt relize that I have to now go through all kinds of trouble over 69.00 which I was assured 11 years ago that the issue was corrected. I then closed pay-pal account but if Ebay and pay-pal were the same why did I now continue to address the issue after I believed it was all ready corrected. They are calling me a liar! And although I said I will now have to go further mesures, to vindicate mayself, basically they called me a lier, they are right I am wrong. It makes no sense to me why they are will to go through a lawsuit, inwhich I spent over 25 hours over the phone with them, at which it to half the time to get to the reason why they were refusing to give me a refund in which they had my money. I delt with this for 5 months alot of anxieties and a differnt story each time. I will seopena each and ever person I talked to, each recorded phone call and every single records that Ebay claims they no longer have, and pay-pal claims the complaint was made through them. As far as I knew any disputes that accured were through ebay first because 11 years ago they were the same company, pay-pal claims that the complaint was issued through them but I can not find anysuch information requarding that manner because the records dont go back the far! Yet they claim that I never called, I know I did, and closed the account and moved on. All though i KEPT NY EBAY ACCOUNT I never heard of any such issues after I responded! But how come no one excepts responsiblity, how do they know that the representative didnt note the account. I want to seopena all records each ebay and pay-pal and I will seopena everything they have including all recorded phone calls, each employee, and proff that the refund I was supposed to recieve on my debit card which they claim they dont have those records, cause I cant understand I want proof that they made an effort in making a refund to my debit card from a seperate purchase, they claim that the bank was rejecting it, well i called the back and not one trnsaction as a refund that was attempted, if the bank was rejecting anything they would have a record of it, and they said nothing was ever attempted, well pay-pal or ebay has any record of them attempting this, But if it was attempted and it was done by them who rejected it, not my bank, I do not believe they made any such effort! If they made the attempt they should prove it the same way afer 11 years they are making me do this. But its a double standard, but I AM THE LITTLE GUY THEY ARE A BIG COMPANY AND THEY ARE READDRESSING AN ISSUE AFTER 11 YEARS, BUT NEVER HEARD FROM THEM AGAIN BECAUSE i TOOK CARE OF IT. NOW THEY SAY SINCE THEY SHO NOTHING THAT I CALLED THEN ACCORDING TO THEM I DIDNT.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.