Wrong item returned to me!

Ew47
Contributor
Contributor
I sold an item to an eBay buyer in February 2020. After 10 days he emailed me to let me know it had been damaged. I emailed back assuring him that when I sent the item it was packaged well and in mint condition. Before I knew it he had opened a dispute against me which quickly escalated into a case. He wanted a full refund but he would not return the item to me due to expensive shipping costs. PayPal found the case in MY favour but, a few days later he opened ANOTHER case against me again demanding a full refund etc. PayPal contacted me asking me to fully explain the situation in the Resolution Centre which I did. I explained it all in depth and honestly. The next thing I knew I was contacted by PayPal once again who said that I had not explained my position in the Resolution Centre quickly enough and, as a result, the case has been found in the buyers favour. I was furious at this because I knew I HAD written what was required in the Resolution Centre and because I had written it and sent it in in the required timeframe. PayPal then informed me that the case was now closed and that the money will now be taken out of my account to refund the buyer. PayPal also instructed the buyer to return the item to me. Finally he did return the item but the item WASN’T what I’d sold him, it was something entirely different. I feel like I’ve been well and truly scammed! So now I am out of pocket and I have no item to show for it. I would appreciate any help as I honestly don’t know what else to do! Thank you.
Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ew47 

Small claims court claim against the buyer?

That is if you have kept all packaging etc of the returned item? 

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Ew47
Contributor
Contributor
Yes I have kept everything. Isn’t the small claims court quite a big deal though?
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Ew47 

Not sure how it works in your country, but i did one in mine.

Did the initial bit by filing one online and paying the small fee, and as the ''buyer'' did not contest it then i got my money back + the small fee.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.