What's up with the de-platforming?

EtTuBrute

I just saw Bitchute got dropped by Paypal today. That in addition to Gab, Tommy Robinson, Infowars, and Jihadwatch. Although I do not regularly consume content via any of these, I am familiar enough to know that they are just normal people and platforms who either hold "the wrong" opinions or allow such opinions to be expressed. And by wrong, I mean, not leftist. I am extremely concerned about censorship in general, but when done by a payment processor, it crosses the line into unethical. Are you going to stop people from buying food or paying rent if they have wrongthink? This is quite dystopian. I am getting ready to close my account, but was hoping someone could shed light on how keeping legitimately earned money out of the hands of people with opposing political opinions is justified here. Anyone want to take this on?  Or should I just expect another hit piece in the media, courtesy of Paypal's Big Tech "buddies"?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

Alphaone
Contributor
Contributor

Pay pal seem to be going carried away with their own power, their business is about to take a hit. If they only want left-wing customers so be it.

Login to Me Too

Lederbull
Contributor
Contributor

I am boycotting Paypal until it stops it's tyrannical abuse and stops supporting the monopoly of YouTube by deplatforming Bitchute . I don't need then and I won't support the assault on liberty.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.