Unauthorized Charge

awmnzworth
Contributor
Contributor

On yesterday, I received an email comfirmation from PayPal regarding a Twitch Inc charge of $126.00. I immediately called my bank and reached out to Paypal by opening a case to dispute the charge through the resolution center. They were very helpful and the issue was resolved in less than 24 hours. However, I was concerned how this unauthorized charged occurred. I spoke to customer service and they insinuated someone may have known my log information. I get it but for me I’m very cautious I’m very cautious. I have never ordered from this company before, I don’t have any children, I’m not a gamer nor does anyone have access to my phone or tablet. I have enabled password protection on all my devices and I live alone. I happened to be home yesterday sick in bed.  So that leads me to believe my info was compromised. I immediately called my bank to cancel my cardand then changed my PayPal log in information and removed all of my payment methods from my profile. Although PayPal was great with resolving my issue, I’m now a bit cautious.

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.