Two different accounts

Shirleyvdm
Contributor
Contributor

I have an account in a foreign country and am having problems with some companies online not accepting it. They only want a US PayPal account. Is there another way to get around this besides closing my current account and opening another in the U.S.? Thank you.

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shirleyvdm

Paypal is country specific so you have to open a paypal account in the country you reside in and add an address / phone number / and bank accounts from within that country.

You can't use a paypal account from the U.S if you don't live in the U.S. You would never be able to verify it or withdraw any funds received.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shirleyvdm

If the merchant chooses not to sell to foreign owners of PayPal accounts, there is nothing you can do other than opening a US PayPal account, but you'll need to open it with a new email address with active and valid US billing address with financial information (bank account, credit cards based in the US) with matching billing address.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.