Symantec validation and id protection card

Evanray
Contributor
Contributor

How to replace my Symantec validation and id protection card. It is reading no battery. I can't seem to get an answer from that company etc. Thanks

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

paradonym
Contributor
Contributor

It seems that PayPal doesn't allows the most secure way to authenticate anymore.

So it isn't possible to configure any new token you get somewhere for PayPal.

This change happened somewhere between September 2018 and January 2019. Maybe it's also region locked. I was able to configure a new token Sept 2018 using a USA located internet connection (no VPN, direct connection inside America), but I couldn't find the same thing using an EU based internet connection.

Same thing for ebay by the way. If you'd have one of the plastic symantec tokens (with exchangeable batteries) - not the card shaped ones and if you had registered it on PayPal or Ebay mid-2018, you're good to go for multiple years to come - but if you didn't do this I'm afraid to say that new Symantec tokens won't be possible.

Note: I don't work for Symantec or PaPal or Ebay. It's just what I discovered in research for what happened to these Symantec tokens (they're rarely sold nowadays - production seems to have stopped there)

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3
Solved

paradonym
Contributor
Contributor

It seems that PayPal doesn't allows the most secure way to authenticate anymore.

So it isn't possible to configure any new token you get somewhere for PayPal.

This change happened somewhere between September 2018 and January 2019. Maybe it's also region locked. I was able to configure a new token Sept 2018 using a USA located internet connection (no VPN, direct connection inside America), but I couldn't find the same thing using an EU based internet connection.

Same thing for ebay by the way. If you'd have one of the plastic symantec tokens (with exchangeable batteries) - not the card shaped ones and if you had registered it on PayPal or Ebay mid-2018, you're good to go for multiple years to come - but if you didn't do this I'm afraid to say that new Symantec tokens won't be possible.

Note: I don't work for Symantec or PaPal or Ebay. It's just what I discovered in research for what happened to these Symantec tokens (they're rarely sold nowadays - production seems to have stopped there)

Login to Me Too

Evanray
Contributor
Contributor

Thank You for the information. That is sad when you paid for the card only because Paypal recommended it after we thought there was a breach with my security. Hope i wasn't scammed  . . . . 

Login to Me Too

Vglowik
New Community Member

Frustrated as I have a card and now when I press the button to get a code....it shows nobAtt. Now when I log into PayPal...I don’t know how to unlink this card as each time it asked me for six digit code after I enter my password.   Do I need to delete my account and create a nee one to get rid of this step? Anyone else having this issue?  Frustrated 😞 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.