Spending received payments from another paypal

Britt1995
New Community Member
Okay, I'm still fairly new and trying to figure out how this works. My situation is my mother and I both created a personal PayPal account in hopes we could transfer money to each other as needed. So, my big question is, if I attache a reloadable green dot Visa card to my paypal, after i receive my payment can or will the money be on my reloadable free for card so it can be used in actual grocery stores, neither one of us has any of those scan apps or anything like that or anyway to get them, please someone answer quickly, i needed to know this about 20 minutes ago and customer service is busy on the phone line.
Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Britt1995 wrote:
Okay, I'm still fairly new and trying to figure out how this works. My situation is my mother and I both created a personal PayPal account in hopes we could transfer money to each other as needed. So, my big question is, if I attache a reloadable green dot Visa card to my paypal, after i receive my payment can or will the money be on my reloadable free for card so it can be used in actual grocery stores, neither one of us has any of those scan apps or anything like that or anyway to get them, please someone answer quickly, i needed to know this about 20 minutes ago and customer service is busy on the phone line.

The money will not automatically be on your reloadable card unless the funds are withdrawn to it first. But the issue is that I don't know if you are able to withdraw to a Green dot card or if PayPal will let you link that card to your PayPal because of the history PayPal has had with Green dot. A better scenario would be to apply for a PayPal Cash Card so you can use the funds in your PayPal balance with the card. You mom could also apply for it as well through her own PayPal account, just send her the second link. It's not a credit card but a debit card that draws from your PayPal balance.

For more info on the card see: 

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-is-the-paypal-cash-card-faq3185

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/cash-card

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.