Solidarity Vouchers with instant payout to businesses in the experience economy

winum
Contributor
Contributor

hey guys

I accepted a challenge to create a solidarity voucher system to help players in the experience economy to generate revenue now while limiting the risks for the consumer.

The core of the job I defined as building a solution that would enable a restaurant, a hotel, a venue etc to presell an experience - get paid now - and at the same time ensure.

The solution is a simple checkout solution with instant payout (currently through Paypal) to multiple accounts to distribute money to multiple sources.

I am now testing the economic model which is inspired by the patron model. Essentially the money is split between the player who get cash now for a future event and patrons who accepts the collective responsibility to do whatever it takes for the consumer to get what they paid - even if the player should go broke. And also deliver a virtual experience here and now, so the consumer gets something now.

Furthermore the distribution of cash to patrons is designed to be an incentive for patrons with an audience or customer base to promote relevant players so this can grow and distribute organically.

Finally the solution is both central and decentral in nature because it's nothing but accepting money and distributing it. This means that the solution can be implemented decentral on any player or patrons web presence. And the same solution can at the same be running centrally on a platform like booking.com or anyone who has a relevant marketplace or want to start one.

I started inside out with the virtual experiences and enhanced from there, as I feel a great virtual experience can be a great driver for wanting consumers to buy vouchers at their locals spots. And its what I knew how to do. We have hosted virtual beer oclock events and intimate concerts with an artist who streamed to FB at the same tim - along with hosting hackathons. All in the same virtual society. Kinda.

So far my local bar man got paid on a solidarity tip model, which is the light model of the solidarity voucher solution.

Solidarity Tips are simpler because no promises are made. In a voucher there is a promise to be fulfilled in the future. And since I am the only patron as of now I am essentially liable for all vouchers. So a step carefully forward.

I am ready to run a batch of voucher sales now within 48 hours. Thought about reaching out to PayPal but felt the community made more sense.

Would you offer me feedback on this please?

I am especially interested in:

1. Any concerns

2. Patron Feedback: From people with an audience / customer base on whether they see any relevance in selling vouchers for relevant experiences and getting a cut of it - while getting pumped about accepting the shared responsibility.

3. Player Feedback: From players in the experience economy who has nothing to sell. Is it of any interest to you to sell vouchers for future experiences, while facilitating a relevant virtual experience delivered by patrons - and only accept 80% of the voucher amount paid.

Got a business who might benefit from this, I would love to brainstorm how it could look in your concrete business, if you share what you do below.

All the best,

Winum 🙌 

Login to Me Too
0 REPLIES 0

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.