Paypal Credit SCRA

kspice
New Community Member

I applied for the SCRA for my paypal credit account. I received a letter in the mail saying that I was approved and will be getting 0% apr on my paypal credit account. I found out after calling Synchrony Bank that they will not reimburse you for the interest you have paid before the account was approved for the SCRA. I wanted to let everyone know how the process went and I'm suggesting that if you open up a paypal credit account, to immediately get the SCRA applied to your account instead of waiting around like I did. 

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

1234me123

So I was on this SAME boat a few weeks ago. Everyone kept saying "if you had an account BEFORE joining they won't do it" or "only over the phone" WELL I didn't apply over the phone, just sent a message directly. They then told me what to send I applied for it on my PAYPAL MASTERCARD and PAYPAL SMARTCONNECT. Both got approved for 0%APR and they lowered my payments. From the letters they sent: IF YOU ARE ACTIVE DUTY they need either: -LES [preferred] -ORIGINAL ENLISTMENT PAPERS/CONTRACT -PCS ORDERS -STATEMENT OF SERVICE LETTER -DEPLOYMENT ORDERS IF YOU ARE A SPOUSE OR DEPENDENT they said to send ONE or more of these items ALONG with Servicemember's orders: - COPY OF MARRIAGE CERT. -COPY OF POWER OF ATTORNEY -COPY OF ORDERS LISTING DEP. AND SPOUSE -COPY OF SPOUSE OR DEP ID [FRONT ONLY] For PayPal Mastercard they said to fax[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]or mail to SYNCHRONY BANK/ PAYPAL MASTERCARD <removed> for questions !! ALSO make sure to write the LAST four numbers of the accounts you're applying for! Good luck! Hope this helps!

Login to Me Too

mandaro0714
Contributor
Contributor
Who did you direct message? Paypal or synchrony bank??
Login to Me Too

Sabrisil91
Would you be able to write out the number?
Login to Me Too

DOCROD
New Community Member

Just wanted to chime in because I noticed PayPal is now service by Synchrony Bank.  I called Synchrony and they mentioned they are currently in the process of reviewing all SCRA accounts with Synchrony and if those members have a PayPal they will be transferred over.  Has anyone noticed any changes to their account?

Login to Me Too

JustinWE
New Community Member

No change yet, I'm going to mail into the services department an LES with my statement asking benefits that way. I've called numerous times and nothing works. They've never heard of it. 

Login to Me Too

samichaelis
New Community Member

I have a closed paid off Paypal Credit account that I am curious on how to go about looking into the SCRA Benefits on it.  I am stationed overseas if that matters.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.