Paypal set up a direct debit without telling me

Shahana
New Community Member

Hi I have just found out through my bank that paypal has taken money off my account and set up a direct debit without telling me... I'm reseller so when I get paid they cut the fee then they add the money in my wallet. I don't understand if they already taken the fees then why did they take lump sum of money from my account and set up a direct debit. Plz advise what to do. Thank you

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Shahana

When you add a bank account to paypal it sets up the direct debit mandate so that paypal can take authorised payments for any purchases you make (or pay your Ebay fees).
No company eg water/electric can take funds from your bank account on a regular basis without that direct debit.
However the amount shown is always the ''last'' transaction / amount that you paid to a seller via paypal.

Sometimes it does not coincide with the date you made the payment as paypal CREDIT the seller in advance and then paypal wait for the funds to transfer from your bank account, they can 'leave' that account at anytime from a few hours up to a few days later. Also the 'amount' can sometimes not be recognised if you used it as a part-payment with the rest coming from funds already in your paypal balance.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Shahana
New Community Member
Hi Thanks for replying back...but I have checked my ebay account their payment already gone through so next payment is not due until next month. I have been using PayPal over 6 years nothing like this happened before. Thank you
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.