Paypal not letting me change legal name/details

Temp20221224A
Contributor
Contributor

I am unsure of what to do, since when I first created my account I didn't know I had to be over 18 as I am only turning 16. I have tried to change the name to my mother's since she is obviously over 18 (provided legal documents) and it still isn't allowing me to. I tried to contact through PayPal assistant and it isn't helping my problem so I decided to use community post since nothing is helping, and my account is going to be further limited soon.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20221224A 

Sorry, it’s not possible to significantly change name on the account to a different person. Let the account get limited by writing a letter saying you are a minor, and upload to the case. Then you’ll receive a message saying you can no longer use PayPal and wait 180 days to withdraw any funds in the account to your bank account or to another PayPal account of an trusted adult. When you turn 18, then you can contact customer service to set up a new account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Temp20221224A 

Sorry, it’s not possible to significantly change name on the account to a different person. Let the account get limited by writing a letter saying you are a minor, and upload to the case. Then you’ll receive a message saying you can no longer use PayPal and wait 180 days to withdraw any funds in the account to your bank account or to another PayPal account of an trusted adult. When you turn 18, then you can contact customer service to set up a new account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.