Paypal Being DISMANTLED

Youngimages
Contributor
Contributor

Okay, so eBay buys Paypal, eBay owns Paypal, eBay disconnects from Paypal but still owns them. 

One can no longer use Paypal as a form of payment on eBay, yet they eBay still owns Paypal. 

Their Customer Service times have reduced, no email, no messaging. 

Conclusion; eBay is DISMANTLING Paypal..? 

Login to Me Too
7 REPLIES 7

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Youngimages 

eBay and PayPal are two separate companies, since 2015. 

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Youngimages
Contributor
Contributor
Of course PayPal and eBay are 2 separate companies, PayPal is not eBay, and eBay is not PayPal, however, since eBay owns PayPal but will no longer use them for payments, what good will PayPal be for..?
Login to Me Too

Youngimages
Contributor
Contributor

Since I'm still receiving payments from other sites, I guess Paypal has become just another debit card. 

I remember when it used to have money market accounts with interest payments, didn't last very long, tho. 

It's safe and much preferred for job payments, but the fees are turning companies away. 

Anyway, I'm very partial to Paypal....

Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Youngimages 

Ebay does not own Paypal, they separated in 2015 and you have already been told.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Youngimages
Contributor
Contributor
U still not answer! They separated? What does that even mean? Did eBay sell PayPal or not? If they didn’t sell, that means they still own them, sheesh...
Login to Me Too

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Youngimages 

What part of EBAY DO NOT OWN PAYPAL do you not understand?????

If a company does not own another company then they SPLIT didn't they.

Use google if you need to know more as understanding facts does not seem to be your forte does it especially when you are about 5 years out of date in your knowledge..........Sheesh !!!

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Youngimages
Contributor
Contributor

I googled it today; ‘PayPal Holdings, Inc. is an American company operating an online payments s... en.wikipedia.org Stock Price: PYPL (NasdaqGS[Removed. Phone #s not permitted]64%) Headquarters: <Removed>. Founder(s): Max <Removed>, Peter <Removed>, Ken <Removed>, Luke <Removed>, Elon "EDM" <Removed>, Yu Pan Parent Organization: eBay’ Why does that poster like being wrong? Why he yell at others for being right? Can someone else answer this question please? I thought this was a business discussion, not a page for rage babies...

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.