Payment Missing

Coops53
Contributor
Contributor

could anybody please tell me how i can make a claim for money that was issued six times and then declined but released from my bank account and the seller has not received the money

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Coops53 

Sounds like the payments are Pending temporary authorizations with funds held. Authorizations expire within 30 day or could be voided by the merchant. PayPal can't cancel authorizations as they are agreements between you and merchant to pay so only the merchant can release you from it. Nor can you file a dispute/claim on them unless those charges are posted, meaning the seller captured the money and is marked as completed payments in your PayPal account and/or at your funding source.

Check your bank account, they should be marked as Pending transactions. The merchant in some cases can void the authorizations but it depends if they have a transaction record in their PayPal account to void the authorization from to release the hold on the funds so contact them to see if they can void them, otherwise wait for the authorization to expire on their own, releasing the funds.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Coops53
Contributor
Contributor

thanks but the payment is not pending from my account it has now been released to the seller but they are saying they have not received it 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.