PayPal scams customers by withholding payments

Attidudinal
Contributor
Contributor

I have read a number of the articles about PayPal "holds" being placed on funds, as well as being victimized by their unethical practice(s).

Yea, I've gotten the run-around between eBay and PayPal as to why funds are on hold, just like many of you.

BUT NOW, the SCAM has reached new heights.  There is no question as to the responsible party - it's PayPal.

Good were sold through eBay (who continues with holds AFTER THREE YEARS OF SUCCESSFUL TRANSACTIONS AND 100% FEEDBACK),

BUT holds are now continuing AFTER THE GOODS HAVE BEEN DELIVERED.

By PayPal's own guidelines, funds are to be released within a day of receipt, as verified by a tracking number.

IT'S BEEN FIVE DAYS NOW - NO RELEASE OF FUNDS and

1) NO RESPONSE to any online messaging

2) Customer Service is automated and IF THE "PROBLEM" IS HOLD OF FUNDS, CALL IS AUTOMATICALLY TERMINATED.

3) PayPal Corporate provides NO MEANS of contacting them on the matter - of course not, guess who engineered the "scam".

4) "Tweeted" Customer Service about the ILLEGITIMATE hold on funds - got a response initially, asking for account info, THEN NO FURTHER REPSONSE!

PayPal has made it clear that they intend to continue (and escalate) their unethical business practices - Can you imagine how much money they are making on all of the funds they are holding?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Attidudinal 

If you are experiencing delayed funds availability, here are some shipping tips that may help you get your payment sooner:

• Add tracking information: If you provide tracking information from one of PayPal’s supported carriers in the transaction details page, your payment should be available 1 day after PayPal can confirm the delivery date. 

• No Shipping Info: If your item doesn't need to be shipped (e-books, piano lessons, etc.), mark the order as Processed and provide the required details.

• Buyer confirmation: A buyer will receive a notification email once you've uploaded the tracking number. When your buyer confirms they've received the item, the payment will be released immediately. (You can also ask buyer/sender to confirm receipt sending them the steps below.)

Here’s how (These options may not be available for some countries):

Seller/Recipient: Add tracking information, FIRST:

1. Click Activity at the top of the page.

2. Find and click the original payment for the item or service.

3. Click Add Tracking Info.

4. Select an Order Status: Processed or Shipped (with or without tracking info).

Buyer/Sender: To confirm receipt of an order/item

1. Go to Activity.
  2. Find and click the original payment for the item.
  3. Click Confirm receipt.
  4. Click Yes to confirm that you received the order.

Note: Not all purchases require receipt confirmation.

Or you can wait 21 days and PayPal will release it automatically. Could be some technical issue with PayPal's automated system that confirms the tracking.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Attidudinal
Contributor
Contributor

Yea, I've heard that story- TRACKING NUMBER WAS PROVIDED as indicated in the original post...

And, guess who called me about releasing the funds right after I made this post.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.