PayPal is not honest

RTime
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal dismissed my case with this answer:

"We've completed our review and unfortunately are not able to decide this case in your favor. We never received a reply in response to our inquiries. Because we did not hear from you before the deadline provided, your case has been closed."

I am letting you know that there is something incorrect with your procedures. I have never received a request for more information neither did you answer my requests to repeat that inquiry.  It is also not in my past messages list. Please send me a copy of the inquiries you claimed to have sent to me and prove that you did not make up this answer as an excuse. I need to know what your asked me and when you sent it since I did not receive anything. If you cannot resent that inquiry, I assume that your company is not professional enough for us to continue working with. I hope you understand that this is about security and trust. You claimed that you have sent me a request for more information, and you cannot resend that, neither do you answer me in a proper decent matter in the emails I have sent. I hope you understand that this is upsetting and will drive us customers away. I would like to take this up with the management and I will show this conversation from the beginning to the end. Someone in your organization will have to answer properly, but currently your system and procedures have no protection and is probably not good for anybody. I will take this further to Facebook and other social media because I am very upset how you treat loyal long term customers and give us all a fake feeling of buyers protection.

RT

Houston

Login to Me Too
6 REPLIES 6

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@RTime

Suggest you send all that to customer services or phone and appeal?

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

RTime
Contributor
Contributor

I did work with customer support this is their answer again today (same one as the first 2) below is my reply to them

Dear R T,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

I realise that you're not satisfied with the outcome of this dispute. Our claims process is an arbitration service we offer to help resolve disagreements between buyers and sellers, but as you can imagine, it's extremely difficult for us to reach a decision that satisfies all parties.

We deal with all cases objectively and with the intention of making a fair decision based on verifiable information which is available at the time.

Ultimately this isn't an adequate substitute for a constructive dialogue between you and the other party involved. I would suggest this remains your best option for a satisfactory outcome.

It is my pleasure to assist you. Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,
Karthick
Protection Services Department
PayPal

------------

My reply is below (please note I am getting very upset about PayPal) but do they care at all? I will keep it posted.

Dear PayPal,

I am sorry to write this straightforward but you keep avoiding the issue that I am making and that is making me very upset. I am not disappointed with the outcome at all, it has already been resolved by the seller. Please read my issue and respond to me as if you have read and understood what I am as writing to you. I expect you to respond to me respectfully instead of writing these balonie unrelated answers. Pleas RESEND ME THE REQUEST YOU WROTE I DID NOT RESPOND TOO.

I know for sure that you did not send me anything. it is not in my message list and not in my email inbox, This is legislation you are doing here after all,  so resent the proof of your statement or otherwise, you are guilty of perjury.   You did not request information at all.

Anybody else wants to use the Buyers protection of PayPal? Please be aware, they make up that they have sent something to you and that you did not respond to that. BE AWARE OF PAYPAL BEING NOT HONEST

RT

Login to Me Too

RTime
Contributor
Contributor

Case ID #PP-007-061-962-999

I just received this answer, Think for yourself does this sound like scammers tactics to you as well? It just underwrites my statement in the title because.

I did send a reply thru their Message center on the website and not from an email account, this is their answer now:

Dear R Timmermans,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

The case/transaction number referenced in the subject of your email is not listed on the account associated with the email address you used to contact us.

For your security, we ask that you please resubmit your inquiry from the Message Center on the PayPal account in which the transaction occurred. By doing so we can provide you with more detailed information related to your inquiry.

Here's how:

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Contact at the bottom of the page.
  3. Click Send us under Email us.

Login to Me Too

Handyseany
Contributor
Contributor

hi i am  fuming with paypal they never answer phone they always cut me off when i did eventually speak to manager he put phone down on me not very professional. i received payment for £1030.00 they keep back £594.78 for 29 days with no explanation but they took out there funds being £35.22 every number i ring etc Head office,Customer services,Complaints,Account help line same thing happens just get cut off?? How can they keep what is mine for 29 days, I wished I took cheque now as it takes 5 Business days to clear. There are increasing numbers of paypal users reporting unexplained and unreasonable delays in accessing their funds??Paypal charge for every transaction but are delaying too many of them without good reason??

Login to Me Too

Zindiq
Contributor
Contributor

I had a similar experience with Paypal in the past - I had an account with funds in it, and a number of subscriptions active, and had been making & receiving payments without issue - until... Paypal demanded either access to my bank account or that i set up a exorbitantly high interest rate line of credit through GE Money - I was and still am reluctant to give a unregulated financial institutions access to withdraw funds from my account, so i opted to do the Line of credit with no intention of using (you can better terms for your local loan shark).

Time came to make a payment to the hosting service I used, I had set the preferences to ALWAYS use the account balance to pay bills - yet when I tried to pay this bill Paypal shifted the payment to the high interest line of credit - I went through the arbitration process, and the only thing they kept asking was did I recognize the charge.. (duh obviously I did and I didn't lie about it) as soon as I said this is my hosting company they refused to reverse the charge, locked my account out and cancelled every one of the subscriptions.

The real kicker is - they cancelled the payment to my hosting company, but refused to remove the charge from the line of credit - so basically they stole my money, made my account useless, cancelled my hosting and all of my subscriptions - and still expected me to pay back the line of credit, even though the charge was reversed.

I called every number I could find for paypal, I went through every dispute process available  - only for them to ignore the issue of the misdirected charge and insist that because i recognized the charge that they would do NOTHING - and of course I was still left on the hook for 500+ dollars.

I refused to pay it, paypal locked my account, stole the remaining funds and reported it on my credit.

All in all, this episode cost me the business, close to 1100 bucks and a ding on my credit score.

If there were ANY other way to handle credit cards that most reseller sites use - I would dump Paypal like the lying, thieving scumbags they are.

Login to Me Too

Gowrow
New Community Member

They just wrote to me: "We have reviewed this transaction(s) and are denying your case(s). The decision was made because you did not provide the tracking details we requested."

Unfortunately,  couple day earlier they did receive tracking information from me and they acknowledged that. 

I attempted to appeal. Not possible. Their web page does not allow that for closed case.

I feel like PayPal has become an accomplice to the flaky seller: GearBest.com.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.