cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Cash account

PayPal Cash account

Hello, If i am reading the new stuff correctly i will need to have a PayPal Cash account linked to my main paypal account by march but i am unable to figure out how to do this? I have almost $100 in my account now and do not want to loose this money I can not transfer it to a bank account since i do not own a bank account. Aslo reading the steps to verify the account i will need a tax payment number? I am unemployed so i do not have one of these will i still be able to hold a balance in my account? I do have a credit card linked to my account however.

4 REPLIES 4
Volunteer Advisor

Re: PayPal Cash account

@BreePix 

If you received an email from PayPal specifically discussing this PayPal Cash balance account issue and the new government law, they will automatically switch your account over to a PayPal Cash Plus account for your convenience. Look for that email and re-read it to make sure.

If you did not receive this email, go here to sign up for PayPal Cash card:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/cash-card

After signing up, you can opt for PayPal Cash Plus account to get more added features:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/faq3997

Kudos & problem resolved are greatly appreciated. Smiley Happy

thats where i am confused i got the email and was reading it the email itself said i did not have to do anything but when i was reading one of the sections it mentioned you have to verify the account to get it linked and one of the things was have a tax number. I am hoping since i have been a long term member (in good standing) with paypal they wont need that to verify my account since i would hate to lose that much money.   

The problem for me is I can't figure out what kind of acct I have to have, and how much it's going to cost me, to do the simple transactions I do with Paypal.  I have no cards linked to any acct.  I have no Paypal cards.  I chose to transfer money from a bank acct when I feel like it and to use that Paypal balance to buy things or send people money.  Simple right?  So what do I have to do and what Paypal acct(s) do I have to have?

It's been a while since I posted and it appears no one knows or can advise what we are to do, how much it will cost, etc. to have a Cash or Cash Plus acct.  I've tried several times here and have searched for hrs to find answers pertaining to me so I've finally said the **** with it and transferred my entire balance out of my acct.  I'd rather do without Paypal than lose my money.