PayPal Cash account

BreePix
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, If i am reading the new stuff correctly i will need to have a PayPal Cash account linked to my main paypal account by march but i am unable to figure out how to do this? I have almost $100 in my account now and do not want to loose this money I can not transfer it to a bank account since i do not own a bank account. Aslo reading the steps to verify the account i will need a tax payment number? I am unemployed so i do not have one of these will i still be able to hold a balance in my account? I do have a credit card linked to my account however.

Login to Me Too
4 REPLIES 4

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@BreePix 

If you received an email from PayPal specifically discussing this PayPal Cash balance account issue and the new government law, they will automatically switch your account over to a PayPal Cash Plus account for your convenience. Look for that email and re-read it to make sure.

If you did not receive this email, go here to sign up for PayPal Cash card:

https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/cash-card

After signing up, you can opt for PayPal Cash Plus account to get more added features:

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/faq3997

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

BreePix
Contributor
Contributor

thats where i am confused i got the email and was reading it the email itself said i did not have to do anything but when i was reading one of the sections it mentioned you have to verify the account to get it linked and one of the things was have a tax number. I am hoping since i have been a long term member (in good standing) with paypal they wont need that to verify my account since i would hate to lose that much money.   

Login to Me Too

RB-58
Contributor
Contributor

The problem for me is I can't figure out what kind of acct I have to have, and how much it's going to cost me, to do the simple transactions I do with Paypal.  I have no cards linked to any acct.  I have no Paypal cards.  I chose to transfer money from a bank acct when I feel like it and to use that Paypal balance to buy things or send people money.  Simple right?  So what do I have to do and what Paypal acct(s) do I have to have?

Login to Me Too

RB-58
Contributor
Contributor

It's been a while since I posted and it appears no one knows or can advise what we are to do, how much it will cost, etc. to have a Cash or Cash Plus acct.  I've tried several times here and have searched for hrs to find answers pertaining to me so I've finally said the **** with it and transferred my entire balance out of my acct.  I'd rather do without Paypal than lose my money.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.