No Shipping

Samoaga
Contributor
Contributor

I was trying to buy an item from Australia but the listing said that the originator may not ship to me in American Samoa and that I should contact the seller. I contacted the seller and negotiated a sale price but when I tried to send a Paypal payment it would not accept the payment telling me that the seller would not ship to American Samoa. I want to advise the seller what he has to do to allow shipment to American Samoa. He wanted me to send the Paypal funds directly to his email address, but that sounds risky to me and something ebay would not approve.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Samoaga

This is from eBay AU site. 

Excluding Countries in Your Listings:

If there are countries you don’t want to send your items to, there are several ways you can set this up:

• Set up business policies about postage, including locations you don't post to, and apply these to current and future listings.
  • When you list an item, select international postage locations and/or exclusions on the listing form – either ‘Worldwide’ or particular regions or countries.
  • Specify locations you don't post to in My eBay and apply these to all your current listings.
  • Select buyer requirements in My eBay to block buyers whose address is in a country you don't post to.

The seller has to cancel the order on eBay and click relist and adjust the international postage locations on the listing (before relisting) to include American Samoa.

In my honest opinion, I would just accept that this is a sign not to buy and move on. Too much hassle. The seller should be figuring this out, providing customer service. Not having the customer advising how to do it. I also think it is kind of ridiculous that the listing say it may not ship to your country and have you contact seller. Either ship to a location or not because things can get shady from there on. Fee avoidance, disputes, etc. ::sigh:: Perhaps, its because I have seen many rotten things people can do to each other with their PayPal accounts. Hehehe.

So yeah, have the seller cancel the order to relist the item and add your country in the international postage location in the listing settings and send you the link to the listing when they have done it.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.