NewbieQuestions

DonnyZ
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, I am new to PayPal (I had the account made a while ago but I left it off as I didn't have a card and so on)
I am the owner of a soon-to-be-launched minecraft server. I plan on using a store platform like Tebex, with payments trough PayPal.
I am curious about a multitude of things:
1) Do I need a PayPal "business" account to receive donations trough? I am the only owner and I intend to use the income to pay for hosting.
2) Do I have to pay taxes?(PayPal fees + VAT or anything) Explain in deep detail, thank you very much.
3) Do I really have to link my card? Am I safe from, idk, money wooshing from my account randomly? (Yeah, I am panicked, you can't be protective of your card enough these days)
4) Any other things I should know? Tips? Notes? Legal facts? (I live in Romania)
I appreciate any response, the longest and deep-thru, the better.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Siobhan2

Hi DonnyZ, 

Thank you for contacting the PayPal Community Forum and welcome as a new member!

You do not need to have a Business account in order to receive funds on PayPal. You will be required to verify your email address and add and confirm your card in order to use the PayPal account. Funds may be requested from your card in the event of a claim/chargeback but this will only happen if you have no funds on your PayPal account balance. There are fees with PayPal and a full list of the fees can be found on the PayPal website by clicking the "Fees" tab at the bottom of any PayPal page. I would also recommend familiarizing yourself with the Seller Protection Policy on PayPal - https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/paypal-safety-and-security

- Siobhan 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.