My money is still on hold

KEV1N8
Contributor
Contributor
My money has been on hold since July 31st making it longer than 180 days, paypal says we will hold the funds in your account for a period of up to 180 days but they have not released then yet can anyone help please and thank you
Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KEV1N8 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you were over 18 then and the account is in your legal name. Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

If you have not heard about allowing the withdrawal then its probably because customer services is prioritising payment / withdrawals / disputes etc due to reduced staffing levels.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running so you can actually speak to an agent who can advise you on accessing the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1
Solved

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@KEV1N8 

Paypal holds your funds for 180 days as that is the same timeframe that buyers have to open paypal disputes.
So if no disputes are opened against you in 180 days then you are allowed to withdraw the funds as long as you were over 18 then and the account is in your legal name. Sometimes Paypal request further documentation from you before you can withdraw those funds.

If you have not heard about allowing the withdrawal then its probably because customer services is prioritising payment / withdrawals / disputes etc due to reduced staffing levels.

Your best bet is to wait until the phones are back up and running so you can actually speak to an agent who can advise you on accessing the funds.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.