Just some advice

Sir_loney_lll
Contributor
Contributor

Hello im wondering if since im 13 and I've been talking to my sister about having a card for payments or receiving payments im also wondering if i can buy stuff but she can see what im buying until im 18 years old then take full responsibility of my account. is this a good idea?

Login to Me Too
2 REPLIES 2

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Sir_loney_lll 

Paypal does not allow account holders under the age of 18.
PayPal asks for a birth date when you register so whilst you can make a PayPal account with false information the account will need to be verified to accept funds into your balance or lift any limits.
As you would be unable to verify your account it would be locked for further use.
Minors can’t enter legal contracts so you won’t have any recourse to get your money back until you were 18 unless Paypal were happy to release it to a parent or guardian for you.
Consider what your goals are in the long-term so that you don’t back yourself into a corner.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Sir_loney_lll
Contributor
Contributor
Thank you kernowlass my main goal is just to save up money to get parts for building a gaming PC (I'm fine with saying how much money I have) I currently have $229 in cash so I want it in a digital vault in simple terms.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.