Is Venmo balance able to be transferred to PayPal balance

Loriej24
New Community Member

Why does my Venmo balance not show up on my paypal balance? How can I get it to?

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Venmo currently is able to send payments to PayPal accounts from sales. If you want to transfer money from Venmo to PayPal, you have to do it through a bank account that's linked to both of your Venmo and PayPal accounts. Withdraw Venmo funds to the bank account and then add those funds to your PayPal Account via the "Add money" link and choose the same bank account to top up your PayPal Account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31
Solved

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

Venmo currently is able to send payments to PayPal accounts from sales. If you want to transfer money from Venmo to PayPal, you have to do it through a bank account that's linked to both of your Venmo and PayPal accounts. Withdraw Venmo funds to the bank account and then add those funds to your PayPal Account via the "Add money" link and choose the same bank account to top up your PayPal Account.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

Starfirefae8
Contributor
Contributor
That’s a stupid way to transfer money if PayPal is endorsing Venmo! The transferring of money between the two locations should be synonymous! Why is there not even an option in PayPal to use Venmo if someone requests money from PayPal to a Venmo email address?!! And vice verse?!? I find this utterly frustrating and illogical.
Login to Me Too

Prayingmomx4
New Community Member

CrackaBlanco
I know this is an old post but I agree totally with you. I have Venmo and My customers pay me thru it. COVID has slowed my business so much that I’m getting penalized by Regions Bank so much so they have overdrawn me with all their monthly fees & other creative penalties. Also, I’m closing it because Regions Banks everywhere are crooked, lazy, stinkin’, blood sucking money vampire$. Anyway, back to the point. Hopefully it’s changed now but like you said PayPal basically owns Venmo, right....and under the same umbrella it’s ridiculous not to be able to just flip money from V-PP. It should take 8.5 seconds to do that. What a world we’re living in today. Thanks for letting me share. Merry Christmas!
Login to Me Too

JoeRocco
Contributor
Contributor
You can fund or transfer via Xoom which is a PayPal company, and Venmo is also a PayPal company. They et. al. Can easily debit your bank account but it take 3 days to transfer money to your bank account. Back when eBay was with PayPal, eBay was drawing from my bank account for fees when my PayPal account had the funds (to pay for said fees). Does not make any sense.
Login to Me Too

Akashaman

its unbelievable & rediculous : 

they need to remedy this ASAP ! 

Login to Me Too

Tylinious
New Community Member
Dumbest thing ever. Now i have 200 bucks i can literally do nothing with.
Login to Me Too

Jortega79
Same here I have tried everywhere to use the $200 that I agreed to be paid through Venmo with and cant use it! I have tried everything to send it t my PayPal and nothing. I hate Venmo and I am starting to highly dislike PayPal. It wont be long before they say I am doing something that seems fraudulent and just take my money.
Login to Me Too

BigggD
Get a prepaid debit card available at almost any store an transfer the money to it . Problem solved
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.