Is Venmo balance able to be transferred to PayPal balance

Loriej24
New Community Member

Why does my Venmo balance not show up on my paypal balance? How can I get it to?

Login to Me Too
31 REPLIES 31

Wyndrunner2002
Contributor
Contributor

I'd like to know why Venmo was ever made in the first place. As far as I can tell, you can do anything you can do on Venmo with Paypal. With Paypal owning running Venmo, it's totally ridiculous that the balances can't be transferred directly. 

Login to Me Too

bezahlmal
Contributor
Contributor

Paypal - really a great invention

Venmo - just the same ...

... but not being able, to transfer MY money directly between the accounts, this is the kind of technocratic cretinism, mankind really needs and is longing for

Login to Me Too

GiGi58
Tell me how I transfer my money from my PayPal to my Venmo account please, thank you.
Login to Me Too

GiGi58
I am telling anyone that is listening I will cancel both my PayPal and Venmo accounts if I hav to try this one more time I have spent over an hour and a half on one question
Login to Me Too

CatyH
There’s a reason it’s taking you forever. Here’s why... Venmo takes days to deposit money into your bank account. The parent company (PayPal) has a function that allows you to immediately deposit funds from the platform to your bank account. It costs money to do that, though. You CANNOT transfer funds from Venmo directly to PayPal. It’s ridiculous. So, you have to transfer the fund to your bank account (takes days) and then transfer those funds to PayPal. The best thing about Venmo is the lack of transfer fees. However, getting the money out of Venmo is a pain.
Login to Me Too

ABC1975
New Community Member
Getting money out of Venmo without a bank account is even more aggravating and why we can’t just transfer from Venmo to PayPal is plain asinine.
Login to Me Too

Ianl212
Honestly Venmo is just easier to use between friends for small things like that but it’s highly annoying that you can’t transfer between them or just have 1 balance between the 2 apps
Login to Me Too

Simplex1

The big advantage to Venmo, is that you pay nothing to send money to other people on Venmo (no transaction fees while money remains in Venmo).   You only pay a transaction fee when money is taken out of Venmo.  Paypal is very expensive to use, it's like using a credit card between friends.   Having said that, you should be able to take money out of Venmo and put it into PayPal without fees, and your accounts should be allowed to be linked as they are now owned by the same company.

Login to Me Too

KazuyaDarklight
Contributor
Contributor
@Simplex1  What in the world are you talking about?  There are no fees transferring money between friends on Paypal.  Paypal only charges a fee if you log the money transfer as goods or services, which is mean for transactions to a vendor/merchant. Not paying your half of a lunch bill or group gift to a friend.  Now if you are talking about skirting fees on a purchase by Venmoing to a merchant, thats a different conversation, but its not how your msg reads.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.