Is Sharpiemarker working for Paypal?

scohay
Contributor
Contributor

For someone who seems to live eight hours a day on this forum, posting Paypal policies in a cut and paste frenzy, why are you not presenting yourself as someone who is being paid by Paypal to herd people into Paypal's "version" of acceptable procedures.  I would submit this is consumer fraud if this is what Paypal has concocted to beat up their dissatisfied customers without directly taking responsibility.  Are you a fraud Sharpiemarker?  Are you practicing low-grade evil by pretending you are something you really aren't?  ( obviously knowing that people are very vulnerable trying to get some justice from Paypal )?!

Isn't it ludicrous that someone spends their valuable time in this world parroting corporate policies on a forum and not get paid for it?  Really, is it that you are just wanting to help people--and, in the process, just happen to never say directly that Paypal has done something wrong.  How come you never say Paypal has done something wrong?  Why--because then you wouldn't get paid for it.   For every person you are claiming to help--you throw a dozen under the Paypal bus.  And that goes for your <removed> knerlowass, too.

Login to Me Too
15 REPLIES 15

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@scohay 

My name is Bennet and I ain't in it.

And no, I do not. People who actually work for PayPal have "PayPal" and the PayPal logo next to their screenname. If you have an issue, dispute it with your credit card if you paid that way. Just giving people the scoop on paypal's policies that can try to help explain why they were denied or not helped because ultimately the decisions is up to PayPal to resolve your problem or not. There are consumer organizations if you're not satisfied with PayPal that can help you. Just do a web search, the info is at your fingertips.

Why don't you try to provide answers instead of flapping gums. I actually learn something being here. I learn how not to be scammed. I learn about paypal's policies and what I can and cannot do so I do not end up in these situations. I am here for me as much as I am here to help others.

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

scohay
Contributor
Contributor

Well Bennet.  One day you to will get ignored by Paypal and your claim will be summarily dismissed.  One day you will experience the rare pleasure of interacting with Paypal and get completely shafted.  It will happen Bennet.  It will happen.  Then all your cut and paste blather will be completely worthless--indeed, the only thing you will get to look forward is the cut and paste blather from knerlowass.  I would recommend you find a good consumer protection agency.

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I wasn’t going to comment but just had to do so. Esteemed Advisor means a moderator and a person knowledgeable about PayPal. While I occasionally find responses kind of rude, I think they have a lot of restraint. 

I think Bennet knows enough about scams to not get caught up in a situation where PayPal is contacted. I’d bet he never buys from Chinese vendors!

Login to Me Too

scohay
Contributor
Contributor

Unfortunately, the logic that you present is that we should not do business with Chinese vendors.  Correct?!   So why oh why is Paypal doing business with Chinese Vendors.  I think if that is the message, then the message to Sharpiemarker AND PAYPAL is that they need to eat their own dogfood.  HUH!?  At least not make me pay for their privilege to sit on the sidelines and get paid for allowing their customers to get **bleep**.  Something rotten in Denmark.

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

China has legitimate sellers somewhere I’d hope. I wish they could vet their vendors but one good sale doesn’t mean they are legitimate. 

I get frustrated with the policies but it’s their playing field and their rules. 

Login to Me Too

scohay
Contributor
Contributor

I have bought at least a thousand or more items from Chinese vendors ( mostly electronic ) and have only been cheated on three items.....I'm not frustrated at all with Chinese vendors........I am frustrated with Paypal and the few Chinese vendors they totally fail to police when they have been notified bv their customers.   Again, I am paying the bill for the fraud.  Paypal does nothing and makes a percentage of the transaction.  When I see several posts with the same problem and vendor I have, it makes a statement about Paypal that is not too hard to discover.  Are you saying they cannot do a WAY BETTER JOB than they are?  Are you really saying that?

Login to Me Too

Dell14z
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

I agree that they shouldn’t do business with known fraudulent companies, but, these people just open up a new website under a new name.  Many companies are still using the same name yet PayPal still processes for them. 

It is up to consumers to research a company to think twice about products that are really cheaply-priced. Saving money is vital to everyone but the losses are huge. 

If I see a $500 item for $39.95 and the company is in the USA, I’d pass it up. When I came out of my coma and was online, i didn’t check out companies carefully. I lost less than $10 from Chinese companies and learned a valuable lesson. Even with amnesia I didn’t forget about the Chinese scam artists. 

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dell14z 

I know enough not to buy from certain kinds of sites because you see one scam site, you see them all. Do price comparisons between what full retail mfr pricing is vs some random/seller site and if the price discount is too much (more than 25% off, give or take), something isn't right. And scam sites can copy other store's images. And no, I have not had the pleasure of buying from any of these sites, thank Lord. You used to be able to buy randomly but the sidewalk hustlers have taken to the net so, no thanks. lol It really is the new spam but for shopping. Its really shocking reading the horror stories here. Boggles the mind how brazen these kinds of sellers are.

I was gone from forums for a while and when I came back, the new scam was fake PayPal phone numbers pretending to be customer service getting people's info. I was like are you serious?! It's was wild. Try to stick around and you'll read all kinds of nutty things.

Let's be real, this is a company, an entity. Don't have high expectations that it'll have a soul. It's only directive is to make money. And they do regardless who loses or wins the dispute. Know that going in. Know what the terms are and work within it. That's why I encourage folks to read the user agreements and seller/buyer protection terms so they know how to operate the matrix. Its what these renegade chinese sites be doing. They read, know it from front to back and act strategically. PayPal is third party, they make a judgement call according to their policies. PayPal doesn't even guarantee the product/services sold and paid for through their services. They flat out say this in the user agreement so you just act and protect yourself accordingly, with strategy. Seen both buyer and seller get shafted, just try not to become one of them is all. And there is only so much we can advise. There is no magic trick. Each case/user is different in how they deal with PayPal.

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/what-are-common-scams-and-how-do-i-spot-them-faq3176

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/how-to-spot-fake%2C-fraudulent%2C-spoof%2C-or-phishing-e...

https://www.paypal.com/us/smarthelp/article/scams-on-craigslist-and-other-classifieds-websites-faq30...

Login to Me Too

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@Dell14z wrote:

Esteemed Advisor means a moderator 

Nope, not even. Moderators AND PayPal staff are one and the same and are those who have "PayPal_" next to their name and have the PayPal logo next to it. 

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.