International Returns Involving Unsavory Vendors

14Palmer
Contributor
Contributor

It's a shame that it cost more than the purchase price to return products to vendors in other countries.  I personally experienced this with a bait and switch scam by a vendor in China.  It would be nice to at least receive acknowledgement from PayPal when they have chosen to terminate relationships with such unsavory characters as it happens.  Especially when you learn through conversations that others have experienced being victims too.  No one likes to be a victim especially when there were previous red flags that could have triggered preventive measures up to and including removal from the PayPal Marketplace.  It would also be nice if people at PayPal actually read your responses as opposed to a "Bot" or 'A.I."!!!

Login to Me Too
3 REPLIES 3

sharpiemarker
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@14Palmer 

Just to let you know that PayPal does have a return shipping refund program, register here:

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/refunded-returns

Buyers have to be extra careful of who they buy from at all times. Do a quick web search on merchant/site domain name/product/price. Sidewalk hustlers have taken to the net to pull their tricks and they know the system down pat and have adapted to it. Stick to merchants/retailers with track records and national or world wide reputation. It may cost a bit more but at least you get what your ordered and reliable customer service. Not a 'you bought it, its yours attitude.'

Kudos & Solved are greatly appreciated. 🙂
Login to Me Too

14Palmer
Contributor
Contributor

Fully aware of PayPal's shipping reimbursement program and signed up for it.  Doesn't help much (cap is $30) if your purchase is through a reputable vendor in China (or other international locations) and it cost $105 to return your item(s) there.  I'd be interested to know your thoughts about my other comments as internet research and the world marketplace are far from perfect.  Wouldn't you (if harmed) like to know a bad actor has been held accountable in some sort of way and that you helped shield others?  Especially in cases where it's clear we are talking about a repeat offender.  

Nonetheless, thanks for your suggestions.

Login to Me Too

14Palmer
Contributor
Contributor
Acceptance of this behavior encourages others to make a fast buck doing the same. I’m stuck with overpriced garbage. Extremely disappointing!!!
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.