How to use the money I already have on my PayPal account for shopping.

Mosheen
New Community Member

Hi, 

I have  a PayPal account which is linked to my a service my bank provide here in Mauritius which is called "MCB Juice" so i don't need to have a credit card or link a U.S. account.

I sent some money through this service and the money has been very successfully transferred on my PayPal account.

Yesterday I tried to shop online on the "Wish" app and when I select PayPal as mode of payment, there was no option for me to use the money I already have my account, PayPal only asked me to provide my credit card information. 

Any clue how I can use the money I wired onto my PayPal account for purchases online? 🙄

Thanks.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

PayPal_Michelle

Hi @Mosheen,

Some merchants process payments automatically through a process that requires the buyer to give them pre-authorization to charge PayPal whenever purchases are made. This can be done in the form of a billing agreement or a subscription. Because this pre-authorization links PayPal to the merchant, they require that an instant payment method like a card be active on the PayPal account in order to link the accounts even when paying for the purchase using the PayPal balance. In some situations, the merchant might require that the buyer be verified.

I hope this helps and thank you for joining the Community!

Michelle 

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the community by giving kudos or accepting it as a solution.

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.