How do credit card generator site generate credit card details?

Key-Card-Gen
Contributor
Contributor

I visited the site called KeyCardGen.com where we can generate Credit Card details by using their Credit Card Generator tool. So I have a question about how they do this? Are they have any connection to the credit card company? Or is there any Programme which gives us exact credit card details. Also, they have another tool called Credit Card Validator where you can verify your credit card details.

Login to Me Too
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to jump in and clear up some confusion. The purpose of the sites that you describe is for generating numbers that can be used for testing purposes, such as when a developer uses the PayPal Sandbox to make a testing account and needs credentials to enter for a test payment in the testing environment. The numbers have no use for anything else on PayPal, as you cannot use them for purchases or verification.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!

View solution in original post

Login to Me Too
10 REPLIES 10

venuswilliam
Contributor
Contributor

The site that you mentioned uses some special kind of Algorithm named as Luhn Algorithm to generate valid credit card details. The card number is valid but you can't use it for any kind of transaction as it doesn't contain any kind of balance. These details are just for educational & testing purpose only. Recently, I found one more such website i.e. https://cardgenerator.io/ which also uses the same algorithm and process to generate card details. 

These kind of sites are claiming to provide any kind of card details whether it's Visa, MasterCard, Discover or any other. Again, you can't use them to purchase anything.

Login to Me Too

nevadasmith
Advisor
Advisor

so what is the purpose of generating these card details?

Login to Me Too

venuswilliam
Contributor
Contributor

There might be situations when you have to enter your credit card details online. It might not be of any use for you & the website owner but still the web page will ask you to enter them. In that case, such kind of sites come to help. As the card number generated is valid so you can use i without any issue. Otherwise, you was going to enter your own genuine card details which might be risky for you in long run.

Login to Me Too

Glen22322
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you. They really giving Fake Credit Card Details using their Credit Card Generator tool. It is very useful for keeping original credit card data secure from spam websites.

Login to Me Too

Glen22322
Contributor
Contributor

I agree with you. They really giving Fake Credit Card Details using their Credit Card Generator tool. It is very useful for keeping original credit card data secure from spam websites.

@Key-Card-Gen wrote:

I visited the site called KeyCardGen.com where we can generate Credit Card details by using their Credit Card Generator tool. So I have a question about how they do this? Are they have any connection to the credit card company? Or is there any Programme which gives us exact credit card details. Also, they have another tool called Credit Card Validator where you can verify your credit card details.

Login to Me Too
Solved

PayPal_Olivia

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to jump in and clear up some confusion. The purpose of the sites that you describe is for generating numbers that can be used for testing purposes, such as when a developer uses the PayPal Sandbox to make a testing account and needs credentials to enter for a test payment in the testing environment. The numbers have no use for anything else on PayPal, as you cannot use them for purchases or verification.

I hope this helps!

Olivia

If this post or any other was helpful, please enrich the Community by giving kudos to its author, accepting it as a solution, and/or coming back to assist others. Members make this Community great!
Login to Me Too

sirashid
Contributor
Contributor

You can get more info on valid credit card number and many other related articles by visiting the https://validcreditcardnumber.net website Generate fake Credit Card Numbers with safety Details https://fake-card-generator.com/

Login to Me Too

avanigaines

They  uses many algorithms which is available on many open source platforms. Also credit card generator sites uses fake details to generate that details. One of them I'm using is https://www.cardgenerators.com/credit-card-generator/ and also you can verify your card using credit card validator on their website. 

Hope this will help you. Make sure to read more about Luhn Algorithm too.

Login to Me Too

Theodosor
How do you do the human verification part in the gift card website? I do not want to put my phone on those websites...
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.