How/Who to Complain to about a Paypal Associate?

katieleggings
New Community Member

I had a terrible experience today with a paypal employee via online chat (Shalini).  who basically accused me of lying, mislead me in terms of when I would hear back from an associate (said she could escalate it and I would receive a call shortly).  Then, when I asked when, she said "at earliest".  When I asked what this meant, she said 24-48 hours!  I explained to her that I don't have money to feed myself or my son and the amount was small (under 40 dollars!) and she disregarded my comment.  She basically accused me of lying, even after I offered to show her proof that the money did NOT arrive in my account, and didn't even address the other issues, regarding changing my name legally.  I know people have bad days and don't like their jobs.  However, this unprofessional and rude behavior should never be tolerated by Paypal.  I would like to e-mail or contact someone but I have heard that route is usually ignored.  Suggestions or advice?  Thanks so much.

Login to Me Too
1 REPLY 1

kernowlass
Esteemed Advisor
Esteemed Advisor

@katieleggings 

Click on the words "Help / Contact" at the bottom of paypals pages and use the phone option in the blue band at the top OR very bottom of page dependent on what country you are in. Scroll down past the list of help questions and click on 'Call us' bottom of that page. Log in and get the code.

OR
have you considered contacting Customer Service via Facebook or Twitter?
You can send them a personal message from their facebook or twitter pages.
It's: https://www.facebook.com/PayPal and @AskPayPal for Twitter.

Advice is voluntary.
Kudos / Solution appreciated.
Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.