Hello

Koenig1
Contributor
Contributor

Did anyone recieve any scam emails from ,<removed> Robert <removed>" pretending to by something?

Login to Me Too
9 REPLIES 9

Koenig1
Contributor
Contributor

Cristian_1
New Community Member

Yes.. I literally got here from googling the name. I am currently being scammed by this guy.. sent 1200 EUR 

For me the guy pretended to be American/German (called me with American number) - Has neither American / German accent - sends fake PayPal Emails... asked for TransferWise transfer to a bank in Canada. 

I got burned... also he asked to see my ID... be aware if he pretends to be me (Cristian George Tarcatu) - he may pretend to be British

FML where else can I make this public or how can I contribute evidence to get this guy caught (or recover the money I was defrauded of)

@Koenig1 

Login to Me Too

Jfrade17
New Community Member
Hi! Same here. He's trying to buy me a bike. I'm in Portugal, the guy says he's German. The email address is his name separated by dots at outlook Wants to pay by PayPal and send his transporter to collect the bike. Didn't make the usual questions. It seemed so strange, that I got here by googling the name. Based on your posts, I now know how to act. Thank you!
Login to Me Too

Cristian_1
New Community Member

@EmanuelGomes 

Hi Emanuel... is this ongoing.. I noticed the timing is exactly the same

Login to Me Too

NeelamNoor
New Community Member

Yes. This is ongoing. I got an email with the exact same information from a <removed> with the full name being <removed>. Shipping company and everything. We googled him and found this before going any further.

Login to Me Too

ekifutang
Contributor
Contributor

I think perhaps this is the same person which goes under the name Schuster Robert Hans. He's trying to make me pay for transportation before I'll recieve the payman for an organ I'm selling. It smells like scam.

Login to Me Too

Andreia001
New Community Member

Still doing his charm. Wanted to buy a car from me. Not he uses another email address, <removed>, but signs "Hans". When the transport company emailed me I found out his name, <removed>, current address <removed> Germany. Got you!

Login to Me Too

Same here! He wanted to buy a table from me... and said PayPal put the money on hold and I have to pay an insurance... and then here I am now with 575€ missing ... do you know anything that we can do about it?
Login to Me Too

Josy85
New Community Member

He just contacted me today if I'm still selling an item. The email address looked strange so I Googled him <removed>. I came across this page fortunately.  Do not send him anything I went digging ans he's a 100% scammer. He sent me text message on my mobile through an app I've never heard before (pawstexts).

Stay safe!

Login to Me Too

Haven't Found your Answer?

It happens. Hit the "Login to Ask the community" button to create a question for the PayPal community.